Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-09-2004, 06:12 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Something is going on with the weather guys. In 100 years or more, Florida has NEVER been hit with 2 Hurricanes in 3 weeks time, and now, ANOTHER one is coming--IVAN it's called... The plot takes it directly to Florida (Just south of Tampa, which is where Charly, the first one went in).

If this one hits us, it will be yet another 'never before seen' deal. Notice we have been hearing that word a LOT lately when relating to weather? "First ever" or "Record broken". If something is happening in the weather that is causing all the Hurricanes on a path to us, we are moving. Screw Florida, I don't like it here anyway. Never have. I want to go home to Louisville, Ky.

GRRR...

Since it's still 1000 miles away, predicting it is hard, but I have a deep understanding of weather systems, and it looks like either it'll hit the west side of florida, or come up from the bottom. High pressure will force it north.

Anyway, just wanted to warn you, it's supposed to hit somewhere around Monday of next week. yey. Many of our tree limbs are stripped of leaves, we've had so much wind!!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 09-09-2004, 06:27 AM   #2
Spirits forever

damn, it must really suck right now, i can imagine sorta, but it's just aftershock right, so then it means its weaker than the original...so not too bad XD

well good luck even though it's a week away XD

Old 09-09-2004, 07:14 AM   #3
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

I would also leave Florida immediately. I hope you guys don't have cardboard box houses there like the Cubans sometimes do. It's sad.
Old 09-09-2004, 07:21 AM   #4
StigTC

Damn, sounds like it would be safer if you lived in tornado alley.

You just stay safe mate, everyone here would hate having anything happen to you.
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
Old 09-09-2004, 07:41 AM   #5
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
If this one hits us, it will be yet another 'never before seen' deal. Notice we have been hearing that word a LOT lately when relating to weather? "First ever" or "Record broken". If something is happening in the weather that is causing all the Hurricanes on a path to us, we are moving. Screw Florida, I don't like it here anyway. Never have. I want to go home to Louisville, Ky.
Come on home, then me, Ilander and Dron can buy you a round

We have been hitting some big weather phenomenons lately, but then again the weather has been crazy here too, have had more storms here in the last two months than we've had in the past five years. Wonder what the occasion is.
Old 09-09-2004, 07:41 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Damn, that's tough mate. You're definitely having a bad 'cane season - bit like Sydney a couple of years ago, we had bushfires practically every day for the whole summer. Be safe.

Old 09-09-2004, 08:07 AM   #7
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Spirits forever:
damn, it must really suck right now, i can imagine sorta, but it's just aftershock right, so then it means its weaker than the original...so not too bad XD

well good luck even though it's a week away XD
No, it has nothing to do with 'aftershocks'. That is earthquakes.

No... THIS Hurricane is now a Catagory FIVE! 160+ MPH! Which is the most deadly hurricane you can get. If that came into florida and over us--it won't matter how far inland in FL we are, we are screwed BAD.

Old 09-09-2004, 08:09 AM   #8
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by NiceWorg:
I would also leave Florida immediately. I hope you guys don't have cardboard box houses there like the Cubans sometimes do. It's sad.
No, most of the buildings are strong, but it doesn't matter in a cat 5. Everything is leveled then..

Old 09-09-2004, 08:13 AM   #9
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Come on home, then me, Ilander and Dron can buy you a round

We have been hitting some big weather phenomenons lately, but then again the weather has been crazy here too, have had more storms here in the last two months than we've had in the past five years. Wonder what the occasion is.
[/QUOTE]Yeah! That would be cool! BTW, my sister lives in Lexington, and she said it hasn't hit 90 degrees ALL SUMMER?!! Is that true? If so, that is NUTS, because I remember July and August/Sept being humid as hell and hot. And going to EP Tom Sawyer Pool when it was 102!

Old 09-09-2004, 08:33 AM   #10
Vampire

Don't you wish your house is retractable to underground? [img]smile.gif[/img]

That would be so useful and cool