Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2004, 04:55 PM   #11
Wysardry
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, nothing is set in stone at this stage, particularly as the times haven't been specified yet, but moderators/admins from TELP, MMT, the Heroes Round Table and several LoMM/MM communities have expressed an interest in attending.

Several members from each community also hope to turn up.

Then again, a few communities have seemingly ignored my posts.

You should recognise a few people from the "old" and "new" official 3DO forums though.

By Thursday or Friday, I meant in the GMT zone.

Update: There is a thread in the "Suggestion Box" section of the Wysards' Realm community detailing the planned agenda, where guests may also post comments and suggestions.

Please note that you are not required to register at Wysards' Realm to join in that thread, and there is a distinct possibility that any new community created as an outcome of these meetings will be on a different site/domain.

Initially, there will be 3 meetings, as follows:-

Meeting 1:-

Saturday 8th May at 9:00 PM GMT
Saturday 8th May at 10:00 PM BST
Saturday 8th May at 5:00 PM EDT
Saturday 8th May at 2:00 PM PDT

Meeting 2:-

Sunday 9th May at 2:00 AM GMT
Sunday 9th May at 3:00 AM BST
Saturday 8th May at 10:00 PM EDT
Saturday 8th May at 7:00 PM PDT

Meeting 3:-

Sunday 9th May at 7:00 PM GMT
Sunday 9th May at 8:00 PM BST
Sunday 9th May at 3:00 PM EDT
Sunday 9th May at 12:00 PM PDT

GMT = Greenwich Mean Time
BST = British Summer Time
EDT = Eastern Daylight-savings Time (Eastern USA/Canada)
PDT = Pacific Daylight-savings Time (Western USA/Canada)

The following is mainly just a reminder:-

I have registered a channel named #x3do on the SorceryNet servers, so I suggest that anyone interested in attending find out a little more about their rules and/or check their general IRC information pages if you have not used either before.

They provide a Java chat client on their site, and I've also set up forms on my own site:-

640 by 480 Java chat
800 by 600 Java chat
1024 by 768 Java chat

It makes little difference which you actually use, as they all run from the script on their site, but the versions I added join the correct channel for you, and are available for different resolution screens.

Apparently, mIRC is pre-configured to connect to SorceryNet, but other IRC clients may not be. Server details can be found on the SorceryNet site though.

[ 05-01-2004, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: Wysardry ]
Old 05-10-2004, 09:35 AM   #12
Wysardry
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have posted a brief summary of the decisions made in the 3 meetings in the "Suggestions Box" section of Wysards' Realm.

There is also a thread where those that wish to attend a meeting covering the same agenda can let me know when they will and will not be able to attend.

Guests may post in that section, so registration is not required.

I'll add more details of the events once I've had a chance to sort through the logs.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:38 AM   #13
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Wysandry, I tried going there ( SorceryNet ) but the thing want me to download some java thingie. After 1 hour the thing is still downloading. Just how big is this java thing that I have to download?
Old 05-10-2004, 09:54 AM   #14
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

There is a link provided at community lobby that does not require downloading stuff (at least i think so.)

btw-posted my own topic before saw this one. i have deleted it.

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Old 05-11-2004, 08:14 AM   #15
Wysardry
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you're using IE6, there's a possibility that you might need to download the Java language, as it isn't included as standard with that browser (Microsoft apparently upset Sun in the past and are no longer allowed to include it).

Most other browsers (including previous versions of IE) include Java as part of the standard installation.

If you do need to download Java, it will depend on your operating system how big the download is.

Once it is installed, the Java chat page should load in well under a minute, even on a dialup connection (it takes just a few seconds on ADSL).
Old 05-11-2004, 11:12 PM   #16
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

ok got it thanks. My IE loaded the page up perfectly. I was using Netscape 6.2 to access SorceryNet. no wonder the huge download time. duh...
Old 05-13-2004, 11:26 AM   #17
Wysardry
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have posted edited versions of the logs from the recent IRC meetings in the "Suggestion Box" forum at Wysards' Realm if anyone wishes to read them.

As they total about 200 Kb (even after editing), I will not be repeating them here, although I have no objection to one of the Ironworks moderators doing so.

I have also posted highlights for those of you that only need a general overview of the main decisions and suggestions made.

Guests may post in the Suggestion Box forum, so you do not need to register to make comments or ask questions. I'll be checking back here too (which I do anyway).

I'm also trying to organise another meeting covering the same topics, so if you'd like to attend, please give me some idea of the times (GMT) and dates you would be available (and unavailable).