Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2002, 07:46 AM   #1
Thorgrim
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i ran into a load of undead monsters in the southern part of Bodhi's guild. Straight away, i got Anomen and Aerie to turn undead. but nuttin happened. They werent doin ne thing else either. i got slughtered (yet again, i aint very good am i?) my fighters got pummeled, Jaheira was made half/elf mince meat, aerie got taken down quick and anomen got torn limb from limb. wot do i do?
Old 08-04-2002, 08:14 AM   #2
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

One easy way would be to get the daystar sword from the lich in the gate district if you can't beat it cast a protection from undead scroll on a tank and send him in alone to beat it. This sword allows you to cast sunray once a day and will make mince meat out of the undead.
Old 08-04-2002, 08:38 AM   #3
Nocturno
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Some useful spells against undead:

Flame Blade (priest, level 2)
Repulse Undead (priest, level 5)
Bolt of Glory (priest, level 6)
False Dawn (priest, level 6)
Sunray (priest, level 7)

Hold Undead (mage, level 3)
Phantom Blade (mage, level 5)
Control Undead (mage, level 7)

Any fire-related spell will have good effects on Undead (they hate fire and light)

You can also buy the Azuredge axe from Bernard in the Copper Coronet and equip your tank with it. Or just get the Mace of Disruption from the blood pool in Bodhi's lair.
Nocturno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 02:03 AM   #4
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Get daystar, as mentioned; and somewhere (can`t remember exactly where) you find the Helm of Glory.
These both allow you to cast Sunray once per day; let one of them off in a room full of vamps, and run right up in the middle of them while it`s still going; and you now have a room full of gasseous forms.
Do NOT realy on Turning Undead; it isn`t even worthwhile until higher levels, and even then it`s a bit iffy. Use fire spells and Sunray.

Spoiler

In the last battle against Bodhi, I used the Daystar Sunray and the Helm of Glory sunray at once; and ran the two characters in opposite directions but toward Bodhi.
All her helpers were killed, and she was left near death. If only Irenicus had taken up Vampirism
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 02:57 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Turn Undead becomes uber, when it is level 20+.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 07:25 AM   #6
Kezardin
Elminster

Thorgrim,

as mentioned, Daystar, Azuredge and mace of disruption are undead mashers. It's worth getting the Azuredge patch from Baldurdash.

Another handy weapon is the longsword Flame Tongue, from the Druid Grove.

Lennoncook,

I believe it's the Helm of Brilliance that can cast sunray - it's not available until chapter 6 though (Ribalds' stash).

Kez
Kezardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 07:29 AM   #7
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
Get daystar, as mentioned; and somewhere (can`t remember exactly where) you find the Helm of Glory.
These both allow you to cast Sunray once per day; let one of them off in a room full of vamps, and run right up in the middle of them while it`s still going; and you now have a room full of gasseous forms.
Do NOT realy on Turning Undead; it isn`t even worthwhile until higher levels, and even then it`s a bit iffy. Use fire spells and Sunray.

Spoiler

In the last battle against Bodhi, I used the Daystar Sunray and the Helm of Glory sunray at once; and ran the two characters in opposite directions but toward Bodhi.
All her helpers were killed, and she was left near death. If only Irenicus had taken up Vampirism
U get Daystar at the city gates, and the Helm of Glory after doing those temple quests.(the one where u have to find an artist...)
Old 08-05-2002, 08:12 AM   #8
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Kezardin:
I believe it's the Helm of Brilliance that can cast sunray - it's not available until chapter 6 though (Ribalds' stash).
That sounds better. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Although I seem to remember getting it before then; in the City-of-Caverns maybe ??
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 12:32 PM   #9
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
These both allow you to cast Sunray once per day...
You mean the Helm of Brilliance.. I forget where you get it, but you get the HoG from the temple quests.. it boosts CHA and AC by one point each. Very nice for Jahiera, I think.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 01:30 PM   #10
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

One of the best lower level spells I've found against undead: Holy Smite. Have Anomen and Aerie memorize it and cast it right where the undead will be walking. Two holy smites have taken down 3 mummies and 5 ghasts all at once!

-Sazerac

P.S. Watch out for the wraiths. They level drain like vampires. You may want to upgrade the Mace of Disruption with the Illithium before taking on the southern dungeons. Also, if you have the Azuredge Axe (available from Bernard in the CC) use that to whack them from a distance. Daystar is also a must, but you can use it only once a day for the "Sunray" ability, so make sure you time it well!

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote