Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2002, 01:23 AM   #1
Maxamus
Manshoon

SPOIL~~~~~~!!!!~~~~~!!!!!

Ok, I made it to hell, finally, (I shouldn't be that eager should I? )anyway, I satrted fighting irencius, after three reloads I tied some wack stradegys, i tryed positionsing creature right were the demons spawn, but the demons finsih 'em off and then go after my dudes. I tryedsetting traps at one end of the platform, then luring over, I even tryed slayering and taking them on, but thedamage kills to fast.

So how do I defest irenicus and his spawn? BTW I know not to atatck irenicus first
Old 07-05-2002, 02:02 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Mountain Bears are your friends. Hasted Mountain Bears are your very good friends.

Some nice long-lasting summons to use against the Demons. Mountain Bears and Aerial Servants. Skeleton Warriors are viable too, but make sure you haste them, actually, make sure you haste any of them.

Use Breaches, Ruby Rays of Reversal and Khelben's Warding Whips on Jon Irenicus to remove his spell protections. Use tag-team tanks to melee him, taking turns to take the hits and healing.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 02:05 AM   #3
Maxamus
Manshoon

I didn't thinka bout hasting the creatures

Instead of wasting spell slots on bringing down his defenses, i put up jan and edwin in a corner (after demons were dead) and then just ran aroudn witht my othr guys while they shot roudns at him, I had Korgan up by them so if he went up there, he would get a taste of dwarven blade!!

I just waitied till hisd efense was down then pummled with my melees, prob was, they were all busted up by the demons.

Thanks!
Old 07-05-2002, 02:08 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

The reason for the spell counters is to enable your tanks to whack on him faster.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 10:19 PM   #5
Ctenas
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I did it twice and can say it´s easier with summoned creatures... I found that those demons are very fragile against the level 8 spell Horrid-something-very-weird-I-cannot-spell (the one that appears as a skull that makes a light brown cloud. Good luck
Ctenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 10:24 PM   #6
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Ctenas:
I did it twice and can say it´s easier with summoned creatures... I found that those demons are very fragile against the level 8 spell Horrid-something-very-weird-I-cannot-spell (the one that appears as a skull that makes a light brown cloud. Good luck
Abi Dazim's Horrid Wilting??
Old 07-08-2002, 12:12 AM   #7
Sythe
Ra

HEre is my bloody tactic. First off cast haste on everyone then summon creatures doesn't matterr what they are where Ireincus and his buds are. Chit chat over retreat. Wait and Ireincus comes over BY HIMSELF send ur tanks anD ATATAK U TURN 2 slayer but cast dispel magik on irenincus that protects him from melleee attaks its tough but u should kill HIM
Old 07-08-2002, 12:53 AM   #8
Orion

I found it easy enough to run back when they appear. If you run down one of the corridors where the test areas were and turn around at the bottom they can only fight you one or two at a time and you make summoned creatures take the brunt of the battle while your mages cast. Irenicus won't even follow you there so you can battle them without his interference.
Old 07-08-2002, 12:57 AM   #9
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

A high level cleric casting Smite Evil works well on the demons as well.
Rimjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 05:08 AM   #10
Radek
Red Dragon

The battle should not be a problem at this stage of the game. Even Irenicus the Slayer should not have any chance against your weaponry and abilities. Cast protective spells on yourself (Chaos, Remove Fear, Protection from Evil, Improved Haste, etc.), equip Greenstone Amulets (if you have pickpocketed Mordekainen Swords) and beat them one by one.
Irenicus will teleport around. This gives you a chance to heal your party after killing the demons and before going to see Irenicus.

Warning! A WRONG strategy (my own experience)! Do not maze the demons! I tried it and I supposed that the mazed demons will reappear one by one so that the fight would be easier. Yes, that's right. So far so good. In the meantime I attacked Irenicus and killed him. Result: I got stuck in the Hell and was unable to trigger the final movie. The problem is related to the warning "do not kill Irenicus first". Perhaps, this WRONG strategy can be fixed somehow.