Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-03-2001, 10:43 AM   #21
Lin Sivvi the Paladin
Dungeon Master

Hey I do! She has pretty much hit points as a spellcaster/fighter.
Overall, she is rather versatile character that I would usually take in my party, but when it gets to Romance... hehe, Aerie is better.
Old 10-03-2001, 10:46 AM   #22
Lazarus
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lin Sivvi the Paladin:
Hey I do! She has pretty much hit points as a spellcaster/fighter.
Overall, she is rather versatile character that I would usually take in my party, but when it gets to Romance... hehe, Aerie is better.
Yes of course.
Old 10-03-2001, 10:57 AM   #23
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Hmmmm... ...

I have used Jaheira before, but only because the ends justisfied the means. When I am a Mage/Sorcerer, I tolerate her presence only because I want to get the Ring of Wizardry.

Only for the ring... ...

There has been one exception though, when I played an all female party. Hmmmm... ... but then she is not so irritating when your main character is a female.

Yes, yes... I do agree she is a good NPC for fighting powers, but it is not her lack of skills that throws me off, it is her constant never-ending prodding when my main character is male... ...

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Paladin meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a bard and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Old 11-02-2001, 02:35 PM   #24
supergurl
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think i like Jaheira better than Aerie but I think that she is a char. i could not do without. I have Jaheira at lvl 10/11 and her hp is around 80. She lvls slow but when she does her spells come in handy.

No evil shall prevail!

------------------
supergurl
Old 11-02-2001, 03:31 PM   #25
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Jaheira is in every party I have made so far (okay so I haven't made a lot). With a female PC she isn't annoying at all - well, hardly. She's currently my main tank with an AC of -10 and over 80 hitpoints. With the Girdle of Hill Giant Strength (to be upgraded when I have a better) she does damage. That plus her spell-casting -

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Magess of Lady Lioness' Court
Saint of the SoS
Historian of IW
Mage of the Morning Triumvirate
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est
Once Upon A Paper Writer's Forum
Old 11-02-2001, 04:35 PM   #26
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
I hate her... I despise her... but I loveeee... killing her... the ecstatic shivers that run down my spine as I hear her vain screams and useless taunts. Oh! What satisfication my heart and soul felt as I threw minute meteor after minute meteor at her caged body.

And sometimes! When I am in a happy mood, I end her deserved misery early by impaling her with a flame arrow.

Oh! Oh! Oh! The pain and mental suffering I had to endure when I tried, just for comparision, a romance with Jaheira... ...

Sticking the Impaler +3 down her throat was getting harder and harder to resist with each passing day.

*sniff*

So yes... I HATE her! She can go to Hell to torment the devils and demons for all I care! Just keep her away from my plane of existence!

From a power-gamer's view though, Jaheira can be a worthy addition, oh my god! What am I saying?!?! Just kill her I say... ...

Yeah, I don't like here either... but you need help... seriously...

------------------
Life is like a piece of cheese. Mice only enjoy it in cartoons and it is better with toast.
Old 11-02-2001, 04:38 PM   #27
Sorcerer Alex

Jaheira gets better as a person later on. As a character she really stagnates after a while (incredibly slow level advancement).

------------------
Later,

Old 11-02-2001, 04:46 PM   #28
Ezekial
The Magister

Jahera rocks if you equip her correctly. She's got my parties lowest AC (-11), casts a broad selection of spells and as she's multi-classed can equip much more than just a normal druid.
Old 11-03-2001, 01:56 AM   #29
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Assuming Jaheira has the same stats in BG2 as she does in BG1, I can firmly state that she sucks. She can attain a decent AC, sure, but her hitpoints will never be enough to make a real Tank out of her. Her STR and DEX are both relatively weak, so she has to use magic items just to be worth her salt as a Fighter. And her Druid side? HA! Who the heck needs a Priest with only 14 WIS? I say, if you're gonna have a Fighter/Druid, have one that you rolled YOURSELF.

Question: Druids max out at Lev. 14. Once a Fighter/Druid has attained this level, does their Druid component keep sucking up half their EXP, or does it all get sent to the Fighter component?
Old 11-03-2001, 02:14 AM   #30
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

From a roleplayer point of view, my roleplayer point of view, Jaheira can go rot in the cage for eternity for all I care, and if I am not playing a Paladin, kill her in the cage to boot. I can only tolerate her when I am using a female character, when I use a male character however, no... I absolutely refuse to use her... ...

From a powergamer point of view, my powergamer point of view, Jaheira can be a potent tank. Her Hp is lower than most fighters, but it is still decent. If you give her proficiencies in Spears and give her the Impaler, she will rock. Her Druid spell, Insect Plague is also helpful in Mage fights and she can summon Fire Elementals and Mountain Bears.

In conclusion, my hate for her is not because she is a lousy fighter, but because she irritates me. Maybe others like her personality, but frankly it just makes my blood boil.

Land of the Psycho-moe