Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 05:38 PM   #1
Mirror Image
Manshoon

Decissions, discissions??

I have entered the ancinet ruins to kill the drow sorceress at the instructions of the White Dragon whose name I can't spell so I will call him Mr T. Anyway she offers me a magic item that could allow me to defeat him, but if I take it I leave the ruins and kill him and still don't get the tower artifact (held by the Kobold). Now if I do get the tower after killing Mr. T and bring it to her she promises to show how its used: but given Drow honor I could end up the sacrifice to make it work.

Of course I could just start fighting her and await my Gnoll and kobold allies to arrive to help. The problem is I tried that and she wasted me before I could do anything like throwing the powder. The Gnolls did arrive but way too late.

Any suggestions
Mirror Image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 03:06 AM   #2
shadowolf03
Drow Warrior

Well you could quickslot the powder throwing so you only need to click twice to throw it at J'Nah.

What i always do is going to the kobold caves first, get Tyromafar's powder. (i think that is his name) Then i go to J'Nah, get her phylactery then select the option to kill both the dragon and her.

The Gnolls are helpful, but as long as you managed to powder J'Nah whilst she is casting her protections you should be alright finishing her off, especially if you're a melee sort.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:29 AM   #3
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Kill both, they're both evil, scheming, power-hungry villains, might as well get rid of the two of them when you have the chance.

Like Shadowolf, I always go to Tymofarrar first to get the powder, then on to J'Nah, speak to her to get phylactery and after the conversation, kill her. (At this point, you might want to start the combat by throwing the powder over her first thing, not just start hacking away and only throw it halfway through, it's a lot easier that way.) Then go back to Tymofarrar, get his reward and some XP for killing J'Nah and then break the phylactery and whip his scaly butt as well.

Oh, and BTW, J'Nah isn't drow, she's some sort of elven tiefling of sorts, I believe.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 05:37 PM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by J'aran:
Kill both, they're both evil, scheming, power-hungry villains, might as well get rid of the two of them when you have the chance.

Like Shadowolf, I always go to Tymofarrar first to get the powder, then on to J'Nah, speak to her to get phylactery and after the conversation, kill her. (At this point, you might want to start the combat by throwing the powder over her first thing, not just start hacking away and only throw it halfway through, it's a lot easier that way.) Then go back to Tymofarrar, get his reward and some XP for killing J'Nah and then break the phylactery and whip his scaly butt as well.

Oh, and BTW, J'Nah isn't drow, she's some sort of elven tiefling of sorts, I believe.
Spoilers to follow:

It may be a good thing to do (killng both of them) but it is NOT lawful. If you accept both of their deals and then kill them both you will suffer a pretty good hit to your lawful rating - about 5 points for each IIRC. So if yo are playing a lawful character and want to keep your lawful alignment as high as possible then only make and KEEP ONE agreement.

Just for what it's worth, my paladin had to swallow hard to stop from busting a cap on the white dragon after accepting his deal to kill J'Nah, but I did and suffered no hit to my good ethos.

As an aside, it is STILL possible to fulfill deekin's quest if you kill the white dragon. You will recover deekin's doll from the dragon's hoard.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 10:31 PM   #5
Mirror Image
Manshoon

I followed the plans laid out by shadowolf. Powdered her good at the start and ran like hell. Even powderd she tends to cats some mean spells as the Gnolls are hacking her. Best to keep out of her eye shot. Used lots of Alchemist fire and blew the protection from elements vial.

Surprisingly, I can see how taking the Dragon's side will save your reputation. Once you bring him the evidence of J'Nah death he betrays you anyway. I threatened him with the Phylactery. He backed off but only offered one treasure. So, since I had to get both the Mask and the Tower I turned Ice Giant. Now that was one strange battle for a sorcerer type.

Now I have finished the level but I now am lugging a smiling dragon head. I havn't found the playing cards and I don't know what to do with the dragon egg. I want to settle these issues before I take the caravan ride
Old 07-12-2005, 04:22 AM   #6
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Spoilers
>I assume that by "smiling dragon head" you mean Tymofarrar's skull? You can use it to convince Deekin that his old master is dead. If you've already gotten the tower statue off him by other means, the skull is useless.

The playing cards are in the possession of some kobolds in the basement of a house in Hilltop. It's up on a ledge behind the halfling caravan, I believe it's denoted on your map as "Old Farm" or somesuch.

The dragon egg can be sold to either the hermit in the High Forest (for cash) or to Szaren the Red Wizard (if you let him set up shop in Hilltop; from him you can get either cash for it or a reasonably useful item).
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 02:20 PM   #7
Micah Foehammer

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirror Image:

Surprisingly, I can see how taking the Dragon's side will save your reputation. Once you bring him the evidence of J'Nah death he betrays you anyway.
That's odd - Maybe my memory is going but I don't recall him going hostile on me. It could be bad memory though ............. LOL

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 07-13-2005, 12:25 AM   #8
Mirror Image
Manshoon

Foehammer, you mean he didn't suddenly say that because you had done him a good turn he would kill you mercifully fast. Or the other comments about how he is a greedy dragon that doesn't give anything away.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:46 AM   #9
shadowolf03
Drow Warrior

You can also get the Dragon to protect Hilltop from danger in the future...however, who wants a dragon who is going to run away from Frost Giants?
Old 07-13-2005, 10:20 AM   #10
Micah Foehammer

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirror Image:
Foehammer, you mean he didn't suddenly say that because you had done him a good turn he would kill you mercifully fast. Or the other comments about how he is a greedy dragon that doesn't give anything away.
Nope that doesn't ring a bell. If I get a chance I'll reload one of my saves and check out his dialogue again.