Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2001, 02:50 AM   #1
Xan
Dungeon Master

Hi everyone! This looks like a great place to be! I have been playing W&W for a little while, obviously not as long as some of you, and have recently found a lot of good stuff like hints and advice on this forum. My party consists of 2 warriors, 2 wizards, a rogue and a cleric (pretty standard configuration huh?). Finished the crypt and toad village and am on my way to Ishad Nah (?sp?). Most char's are lv 7 and starting to think about some class changes.
Well, just wanted to say hi and make my presence known (sure I will have LOTS of questions later!). See ya around the Inn.

------------------
In an infinite universe, not only is anything possible, but highly probable!
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 07:38 AM   #2
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Welcome Xan - always nice to see a new face. The only ones I would look at changing just yet are the warriors (to Paladins or Barbarians) - the Wizards you want to maximise in Stone magic first, and your priests need to get cure poison and the "kick ass" healing spells (and the rogue of course can't change squat until Ishad N'ha and the pawnshop. See you about.

------------------
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 08:49 AM   #3
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hello Xan Welcome to this place! It is a very nice place indeed. We look forward to hearing your questions and hope you will share your adventures with us. There will be times when you can help others too. It is fun here! Looking forward to seeing you around,
Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 09:34 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

WElcome to the board, Xan!!!

Lots of good advice/hints to be found here and a lot of FUN too!! ENJOY!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 09:53 AM   #5
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Which way are you leaning on your mages. We have the same starting config, btw! I had one of my wizards spec in stone and one in sun spells. That way you have 'em both covered early. Then I moved 'em both to Warlocks after getting to a sufficently high level and most of the more powerful spells. Then I had one work with Fiend spells and one with moon spells. Other pcs? Fighter #1 became a Paladin after a few levels as a Warrior, and the other became a ranger. VERY IMPORTANT get the Cure Poison spell ASAP! Cannot stress this enough. Ranger Vine spell at fourth level. I also let my Cleric get decently high up on the Spirit chain before moving her to a Samuri. Then I got all the sun spells I need to back up my sun spell wizard. Make sure you have all the Sun spells you need before moving her up. Now Cleric is a Ranger, lost my pretty Samuri armor, but saved it for when my Ranger switched to Samuri. Theif is a Ninja right now. Not sure what to do with her, but thinking a bard ratling might be fun. And my Paladin is a paladin. Can't seem to make myself give that roll up. But will probably move to Warlock to get some fun spells

To sum, make sure you get all the important traits for your Class and all the spells you want to get from the Class's spells before you change classes. Make sure you get Fletcher for your Ranger, then have someone start the Samuri quest and make a ton of Dragon Arrows.

BK
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 11:08 AM   #6
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

WELCOME to the W&W forum

you have as much fun as we had!

------------------

[This message has been edited by adam warlock (edited 05-30-2001).]
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 09:57 PM   #7
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Welcome Xan! Any questions, feel free to ask! Wanna answer questions? Go ahead and answer! No one's gonna stop you! Hope you have fun here!

-Jafin
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote