Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 05-29-2001, 08:18 PM   #1
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

a) Okay, I got board with my Cleric-Samuri and changed her to a Ranger. Does this mean I get no more advancement in my Fire Spells? Is there any way to counteract this? Maybe change to Warlock?

b) Also, I was thinking about changing the One Warlock I have that is concentrating on Fiend spells into a different character, but he is a 14 lvl Warlock and I don't have all the Fiend spells I want. Is there an elite role that has fiend spells?

c) And I was gonna change my Other Warlock into a Monk, did the whole two days without armor thing, but she doesn't have all the Moon spells I want her to have. I think the Monk gets cleric spells, but I won't have the ability to progress spell wise in the moon spells.

Did I mention that I lost the little manual thingy? That might help ...

Anyways, I know there was a bunch of questions, and I really appreciate any answers I get! Thanks!

BK
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2001, 08:20 PM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

a) You must have at least 1 in a skill to continue advancing in it after switching roles, in other words: Yes he can both advance in the spells he knows and his skill.

Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2001, 08:21 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

1) You can still learn Sun spells, but only at 1/2 your current level in Suncraft. Thus, if you are 8th level Suncraft, you can only learn 4th level spells. This restricts you to 6th level spells (12th level Suncraft) or lower.

By changing to Warlock, yes, you get the ability to learn spells at the current craft level once again.

2) Assassin: Moon and Fiend magic. Go that route.

3) Once again, on the Moon spells: it'll be at 1/2 the Mooncraft skill level, like the Sun spells.

Cheers!
-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2001, 08:28 PM   #4
Black Knight

Umm, err, kinda think I screwed up the assassin role one...he asked if I had killed someone, I didn't remember what he was about (it was late, so late it was early ...) and said yes. He said I lied then ratty boy started a fight and I dusted him. And of course I didn't realize what quest they were for and Does this permanently screw the pooch? thanks

BK
Old 05-29-2001, 11:46 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

BK: did you contact Wyvern re: the assassin thing?

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 02:56 PM   #6
Black Knight

Nope, why? I figured she would find this question eventually.
Old 05-31-2001, 05:44 AM   #7
Davros
Takhisis Follower

The answer BK is that yes, it ummmm "permanently screws the pooch". I take it you are saying "does this mean my budding career as an Assassin is over before it starts - yes". There is one possible salvation - you could get Wyv to "hack" you an Assassin's dagger (or reload - urghhhh). Pity, I loved that assassin class.

And Whoopeeeeeeee - I'se shood nough be's a Drow tingy - 250 err letter tingies!!

------------------
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 06:52 AM   #8
Fallagar
Dungeon Master

For me, as a beginner of W&W, it was very helpful so see an end-statistic to proof the abilities for elite roles for my own way.

Here is the one, I've found on the german link from Holger Franke:

Whisky - Male Whiskah - 18 Assassin, 9 Barbar, 9 Ninja
Krola - Female Dwarf - 1 Valkyrie, 18 Assassin, 9 Barbar
Lizzt - Male Lizzard - 1 Zenmaster, 17 Samurai, 9 Priest
Humier - Male Human - 17 Samurai, 9 Priest, 8 Paladin
Blasaka - Female Oomphaz - 17 Warlock, 9 Wizard, 7 Paladin
Elfigur - Male Elf - 17 Warlock, 9 Wizard, 7 Paladin

Fallagar
Fallagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 07:27 AM   #9
GRomi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

b) since my Wizard has changed to Bard she can learn Fiend Magic (though manual says that Bards can learn only Moon)
GRomi is offline   Reply With Quote