Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2001, 01:49 PM   #1
Silaya
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi there !
I' m angry ! I've just finished Skull Caslte (Lich / Mada Mabbig) and returned the scroll of bandishing to Adriana...
First time I choose the ring... but I could not idenify it...so I checked my Stats and placed it on my finger... I got the message "cursed" and then the game was blown up... so I do not know what this ring does... my second try ends in the same way: I put on the ring and the game "stopped"....
After reloding the third time I choose the "key" instead of the da### ring. After I killed the vampires ( ExP ExP. ) I went to the Lichs study and tried to open the Lvl. 12 look with my new key.... nothing happend !!
I' ve already read a few posts about the key/Adriana so: why does the Key does not open the room ??? Or: is the treaure behind the door is worth my anger ??
Thanks a lot !!!

By the way: I love this game !!!
Silaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 02:02 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Silaya (Welcome to the board, if I haven't welcomed you already)

The Ring will only cause problems if you are running the game UNPATCHED. (I prefer the game unpatched).

Well, it was reported that the key from Adrianna is supposed to open the door in the study. May be that in the unpatched version this isn't reliable. You can try bashing the door or getting a master lock pick - BUT the treasure in there is nothing more than you will generally find in this area of the game.

Not worth the frustration, if you ask me!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 03:22 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

The one piece of treasure behind that door that isn't random is a +4 Wizard's Robe (pretty nice for an Omphaaz Warlock or Monk), otherwise you're not really missing anything...no ankhs, for one.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 06:05 PM   #4
drobb-mi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

As has been said before by Wyvern & Sazerac, apart from the robe there is nothing of great interest in there,I found that when having a character at about a level 6-7 lockpicker,if I tried the door about 3 times & then used a level 5 lockpick which I had bought in the town, it opened every time.
drobb-mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 07:03 PM   #5
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hello Silaya! I needed that ring because I had a vampire in my party of adventurers, so I had to run the patch to use it. It helped her to stay alive longer without draining blood from a living creature.

That lock was a real b***h for me to open without the key, but after many many tries, I finally got it open. It was even jammed.

Oh and in case you don't know, there are "perks" in the game if you don't use the patch.

Oh yeah, and by the way, I LOVE this game too and this forum!!

Let us know how you do, please.
Mammawlin

[This message has been edited by mammawlin (edited 05-28-2001).]
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 10:36 AM   #6
Silaya
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank's a lot for all your advice !!
As you probably mentioned, I had not much time to play in the last days...
But today I'm going to finish Skull Castle.
I will ignore the lvl. 12 Lock and go back to the city for my Exp. and new Quests.
By the way: I love this forum ! It is alway interesting to see what questions the other gamers have and if someone answered "your" questions
See you later
Silaya is offline   Reply With Quote