Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 09-19-2002, 04:57 PM   #1
espeed
Dungeon Master

I have just started the game and have noticed something that is missing that was a major help in Baldurs gate 2. The local map does not signify the buldings names so how are you supposed to know where every tom dick and harry is. Baldurs gate used to have helpful little markers on the local map to tell you where things were, but none of that here. I have been making my own as it does allow you to do that, but it means having to go inside talk to someone to find out exactly which building yourve just walked into. Am I missing something here, is there a setup option i need to switch on or something.Thanx for any help.
espeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 05:00 PM   #2
DraconisRex

MOst of the "important" buildings have signs in front of them. Just put the cursor on the sign.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 05:25 PM   #3
espeed
Dungeon Master

okaaay, while I know about this and agree with you, what about all those buildings which are still important but have no signs, like houses that hide important characters??? anywayz, there nothing that can be done, so ill just have to live with it. thankx for your help.
Old 09-19-2002, 05:52 PM   #4
Kalak
The Magister

Unlike Baldur's Gate where there are many buildings and homes. There are few 'town' locations in this game. It won't be a problem. For example, Kuldahar, the biggest town and the one you spend the most time in only has one real shop and a couple of other merchants that are easy to find, one inn, one bar, the mayor's house, and only a cpl of other important things. The other town only has three doors you can go in anyway, so there was no real point for the game developers to do the overlay map as well. IWD is a MUCH smaller place than baldur's gate, and it's reflected by the fact that most the game is spent out of doors or travelling.
Old 09-19-2002, 06:10 PM   #5
espeed
Dungeon Master

Thanks people, Kalak your reply makes things clear. Ive only just started, but I understand how map markers arent so important if Ice wind dale is going to be 95% out doors experience.