Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2003, 07:48 PM   #1
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

Have you guys heard about the new XBOX game coming out, Fable? It's supposed to be a very, very deep RPG. These are a couple of the features:

Forge a hero based on your actions: Age and evolve a hero or villain through the actions you choose and the path you follow—be it for good, evil, or in-between. Ply the way of the sword, and see your muscles bulge. Weave the dark arts, and witness power crackle at your fingertips. Skulk in the shadows, and watch your skin bleach.

Engage in intense real-time combat: Collect battle scars as you duel with a world of cunning foes and deadly creatures. Master an array of deadly weaponry as you hone the art of blade-craft. Hunt your quarry using subterfuge and stealth. Weave death from the elements, as you harness the dark arts of the arcane.

Build your living legend: Through deeds and actions, build a name for yourself across the land. Recruit allies and followers. Gain glory or notoriety. Make friends and enemies. Interact with a living world of people, places, and event all reactive to you. Hero or butcher? Who will you be?

Explore and shape a living, evolving world: Champion or manipulate an ever-changing land with competitive and cooperative heroes, dynamic weather systems, and deformable environments. Interact with teeming cultures, creatures, and citizens from various towns and cities.

Hone your character with scores of unique skills and extras: Master new abilities and add possessions as you develop.

Never play the same game twice: Once you finish your adventure, go back and try the experience again, forging your character and thereby a new tale with unexpected twists and turns, new skills, powers, influences, allies and enemies.

Oh, and here's a link to the thing to find out more:

Right Here

So? Whaddaya think? Sounds pretty sweet, huh?

[ 11-02-2003, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: Willard ]
Old 11-02-2003, 08:18 PM   #2
Sythe
Ra

I have known this project about a year ago. Back then it was called Project Ego. I would buy it only if I had an Xbox. It shows much promise.
Old 11-02-2003, 09:53 PM   #3
dragon_lord
Elminster

I'll believe it when I see it, or more importantly play it. I have heard many games promise to deliver a great banquet of delicious gameplay but only produce a piece of mouldy bread and a half eaten biscuit [img]tongue.gif[/img] . Still you can only hope it bucks the trend.
[img]\"http://unrealpowerhouse.ozforces.com.au/lich_des.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/\" target=\"_blank\">The Items Mart</a><br /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/misc.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Monster Enchantments and Immunities List</a>
Old 11-02-2003, 10:23 PM   #4
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Willard:
Never play the same game twice: Once you finish your adventure, go back and try the experience again, forging your character and thereby a new tale with unexpected twists and turns, new skills, powers, influences, allies and enemies.
But they do have the same beginning and end right? Then, evidently, they are the same game.

I'm not really looking forward to this. About the only game that I'm anticipating for on the Xbox is Halo 2.
Old 11-03-2003, 12:23 AM   #5
SecretMaster
Apophis

IF you ask me, its just another morrowind. But then again, Morrowind was and still is a great game.
Old 11-03-2003, 07:48 AM   #6
dplax
Jack Burton

Wasn't there a game called fable some time back on the PC? I think it was a sort of adventure game, where a world had ben split into four and you had to kill bosses in all four parts.

Old 11-03-2003, 01:06 PM   #7
GForce

I'm with Nanobyte. I'll wait for Halo 2 ... and also, Starcraft Ghost, Thief 3, and Half-Life, for Xbox of course. Woo hoo!

Old 11-03-2003, 07:09 PM   #8
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by dplax:
Wasn't there a game called fable some time back on the PC? I think it was a sort of adventure game, where a world had ben split into four and you had to kill bosses in all four parts.
Yes, I bought that one and played it only once. It had great graphics but the story was kind of weak. Looks like the reviews - not good to begin with - turned out to be true.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:38 AM   #9
dplax
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:
quote:
Originally posted by dplax:
Yes, I bought that one and played it only once. It had great graphics but the story was kind of weak. Looks like the reviews - not good to begin with - turned out to be true. [/QUOTE]My brother has it, but I only played during one week end. good graphics really, but sometimes a little bit too hard maybe.

Old 11-04-2003, 10:00 AM   #10
Niadh
Elminster

Isn't this the one with other adventurers doing quests? So if you say you will get old Ladies jewels back, you better do it with reasonable time or someone else will?

And I heard you can become a real blacksmith, just working in a town, buying metal, makeweapons, sell them, buy metal, make weapons. And rinse.
A Knight is sworn to darkness. <br />His heart knows only hatred.<br />His sword destroys the helpless,<br />His might imprisons the weak.<br />His wrath upholds the wicked, <br />His word speaks only lies.<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.boomspeed.com/niadh/newiwsig.jpg\" alt=\" - \" />