Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2003, 09:29 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

What do you think of them? Any personal experiences?

Dunno it just pisses me off that people have nothing better to do in their lives but to ruin other people's multigame experiences. Their only mission is to go into a multigame and not actually play the game, but just hunt others there and kill them and take all their stuff. Some are really stalkers too, relentless, waiting there for you to return so they can kill you again, for laughs. And most of these PKers have used cheats to up their levels to unbelievably high numbers, so they don't really need your loot, it's all for fun, just to F*&^ you. And of course because they cheated and have all these points and weapons, you have no chance for a fair fight. [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img]

I'm leery of multiplaying. I've done it before with a few games, but always with friends and using a password so nobody can get in. But it is a total different story when you go into an open "public" multigame with all sorts of people there. You can't even get to play the Mod (including IW's NWNs Mod), your battles are mostly with PKers.

I posted this in General Discussions because this IS a gaming site, and it is a general subject re multigaming, so I thought it a legit topic here. If I'm wrong Mods accept my apology and just move it to what you think the appropriate forum is for it [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 05-31-2003, 09:32 PM   #2
Animal
Gold Dragon

One of the top reasons why I never play any game online. The few times I ever had it's usually been a bad experience, with people resorting to whatever cheats or tactics to win, not my idea of fun so I don't get involved with online gaming unless I specifically know the people and it's a closed session.
Old 05-31-2003, 09:34 PM   #3
Faceman
Hathor

They were a bugger on the first Diablo. Most of them had a town-kill cheat where they could use weapons and spells in town too.
As honest players were limited by the program to only use force in the dungeons they were sitting ducks.
Old 05-31-2003, 09:40 PM   #4
Charlie
Lord Ao

Been there. If I get PK'd on Z's mod again then I'm outta there. People are using weapons far too powerful....an open invitation to PKers. I had it where I couldn't get up. He'd just bolt me back down before I got to my feet. Hurling abuse at my carcass....get up you piece of shit blah blah. I left him there for about 5 minutes and made tea etc...read some posts, went back and he's still there screaming. I just quit then. I go back hours later and my char' has every malady you can think of. Minus about 40 points in all skills and level drained like you can't believe. Tell me a fighter with a normal weapon done that. Yeah, great fun that. Trouble is, this is the kind of stuff you report on. If someone asks me for a mod to try, I'd never recommend Z's because of PKers and super weapons wielded by those who shouldn't have them.

Ziroc, if you read this mate, you've got to restrict weapons and armour. It's an open invitation to PKers. I think you're going to lose people before very long. I'm not too keen to revisit now if I'm honest. (It'd be nice if you could sort out the respawns too. Highly unrealistic having a hoarde of creatures spawn around you.
[img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/england1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />One Love, Peace. [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/pissr.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/piss.gif\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 05-31-2003, 09:55 PM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

One possible solution might be to ban the PKing offenders. I believe it is possible to ban certain players from the server. If you get PKed again, try to remember the character name and check out the server status to find his player (log-in) name and then report it to Z. You'll be doing ALL of us a favour by helping to get those type of players off the server.

I had one close call when one player switched to hostile on me - fortunately I had JUST partied up and he decided 1 against 2 wasn't the odds he was looking for. LOL

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 05-31-2003, 10:02 PM   #6
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Maybe Ziroc should put these 'offenders' in a pit with Choc. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2003, 10:03 PM   #7
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
One of the top reasons why I never play any game online.
Actually, there are some games where PKing is extremely difficult. I believe on EQ two players have to agree to kill eachother, and the only other way is to train monsters to the person you want to kill. Don't know if thats how it is now, but it was 3 years ago [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Also, on War Craft 3, or probably any of them for that matter, the object is to kill eachother anyway.
Old 05-31-2003, 10:04 PM   #8
Charlie
Lord Ao

I don't mind people being hostile, trying to murder me even, but let's at least have a fair fight...impossible with the weapons being used. I saw a sword in the game yesterday that was restricted to level 64 char's only. Well seeing as you can only hit Lv 20 then you have no chance if you're fighting fair. The list of enhancements this weapon had was absolutely mental, I'd have took all day to read it. The guy that had it was a real nice guy, very genuine and if he enjoys his game with such weapons then good luck, I have no problem with that. The trouble arises when people don armour that can't be hit alongside swords that don't have to hit to kill. As it stands with these weapons and armour in game, well it's open to abuse by those that get their kicks killing others. Those of us that want to play within the "legal" rule set are being pushed aside because we can't compete should some psychotic pimply fifteen year olds alter ego get the better of him.
[img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/england1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />One Love, Peace. [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/pissr.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/piss.gif\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 05-31-2003, 10:16 PM   #9
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I agree, I think of you go into the Ironworks NWNs mod, and you get PKed, you should report it to Ziroc so he can ban their PK ass. Of course that is just my opinion, Ziroc may want to keep things open and a free-for-all, dunno. But it can't hurt to at least try, report said offender via email to Ziroc.

All I know is I'm steering clear of multigames for now except for with friends in a locked/passworded game.

[ 05-31-2003, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 05-31-2003, 10:18 PM   #10
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

What possible fun is it to go in to a mod with items like you described? If nothing can hurt you and you can kill at a whim, where is the challenge?

Personally, I would rather switch the game to enforce item level restrictions and no PvP if that would get rid of the PKers. I usually avoid PvP servers like the plague simply to minimize any chance of running into PKers, but I love what Z has done with Undermountain.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783