Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2001, 03:32 PM   #51
skywalker
Banned User

No I mean the bickering!

Mark
Old 09-11-2001, 03:32 PM   #52
MagiK

MY thoughts are that we pull together behind our LEADERS not behind Bush, not behind the republicans or Democrats not behind the kennedys or Daschels or any individuals but behind our leaders and give them the support that they are going to need to help us recover from this.

What you may not know is that this will affect everyone of us. Tens of BILLIONS of dollars will be lost by people all over this country by the closure of the airlines, vital medical supplies will not get to where they need to be, people are going to die in the future all because of this..this is not going to be over in a day.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-11-2001, 03:33 PM   #53
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by trux:
it's not exactly cowardice that the president and the rest of the top government officials go into hiding. without them being safe we're a country with no governing body, which is a far more dangerous thing than anything that's happened thus far.

it is NOT?

then why do you guys need them? if when something happens, all they do is to HIDE, who to deal with threats then? should we send? Harris? and many other who serve the US army and die to save those @$$holes?
Old 09-11-2001, 03:34 PM   #54
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:

I'm sorry that you thought that this is a lesson we needed. It appears you weren't alone with that sentiment.

That wasn't what I suppose to say...I'm sorry if I did put this wrong. I just hope that Bush will show himself as a good leader (and I think he will be able to do that). Try not to argue amongst each other please...

Old 09-11-2001, 03:35 PM   #55
skywalker
Banned User

In other words, leave Moni alone!

Mark
Old 09-11-2001, 03:38 PM   #56
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

OK Moni, no need to beat this thing to death. I'm sorry you thought I was disrespecting you. That was honestly not my intention. I completely respect your beliefs. I personally didn't vote for Bush, and he isn't up there on my list of favorite people. I wasn't suggesting that you change your beliefs or that you were not patriotic.

All that said, I will still support Bush and our government through this ordeal. After the fact I may disagree with how some of the things are handled, but it will be after the fact when that happens.

Say on a submarine, the captain gives an order and the first officer completely disagrees with it. That first officer will never let on to the crew that he was in disagreement with the captain because it would lower morale and stir up doubts in the captains ability. It's the same thing for me here. I reserve the right to disagree and hold my own opinions on everything that happens in this, but regardless, I will support my "captain" until this cruise is over.

Nothing but love here Moni, and I hope you understand where I'm coming from and that it's not to offend or drag you into an arguement.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-11-2001, 03:38 PM   #57
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Moni, Did G.W.B. 2nd do something to you personally? I've never seen such venomous hate for a person in someone who has never actually met the guy..so Im guessing you have some personal grudge....just curious...odd that such a deep hate can exist for someone we don't even interact with.

The last line of your post cnfused the heck out of me.

I do love you and out of respect for you, I will be more careful about what I say about Mr. Bush

Im confused do you know me? (Sorry I havnt figured out how to quote properly)

Please, do not confuse a dislike of idiocy for venemous hatred.
I promised you that I would say no more and I really wanted to be able to stand by that promise.

There is no deep hate there, just a deep sense of worry for what is going to become of our country while he remains in office.
I love everyone, I don't have to know you, I just wanted to let you know that I care.
I care enough to respect your wishes regarding any derogarory posts being made about Mr. Bush and here I have had to break it in order to explain myself to you. Now I feel rotten.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 09-11-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 09-11-2001).]

Old 09-11-2001, 03:39 PM   #58
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:

I'm assuming that you mean the disparagement of our president?

LOL!!!!!

------------------
"That looks pretty fatal. I think you have to return to the Character generation section."
One player to another
Old 09-11-2001, 03:40 PM   #59
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirac Honorguard:
That wasn't what I suppose to say...I'm sorry if I did put this wrong. I just hope that Bush will show himself as a good leader (and I think he will be able to do that). Try not to argue amongst each other please...

ok, we agree then I hope he does ok to!

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-11-2001, 03:40 PM   #60
Moni

Quote:
OK Moni, no need to beat this thing to death. I'm sorry you thought I was disrespecting you. That was honestly not my intention. I completely respect your beliefs. I personally didn't vote for Bush, and he isn't up there on my list of favorite people. I wasn't suggesting that you change your beliefs or that you were not patriotic.

All that said, I will still support Bush and our government through this ordeal. After the fact I may disagree with how some of the things are handled, but it will be after the fact when that happens.

Say on a submarine, the captain gives an order and the first officer completely disagrees with it. That first officer will never let on to the crew that he was in disagreement with the captain because it would lower morale and stir up doubts in the captains ability. It's the same thing for me here. I reserve the right to disagree and hold my own opinions on everything that happens in this, but regardless, I will support my "captain" until this cruise is over.

Nothing but love here Moni, and I hope you understand where I'm coming from and that it's not to offend or drag you into an arguement.

Thank you!
I love you too

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!