Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-11-2001, 01:21 PM   #21
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
I apologize. I was way off base, but I just got so MAD at the thought that these terrorists (or whoever) could be planning even MORE destruction and there isn't anywhere any of US can go to be safe. We just have to sit here and hope noone bombs us. I know it's important for our government heads to be safe to try to figure out what to do. I don't blame him for that, really, I was just so distraught and needed to vent. I, in reality, voted for Bush and have been upset that everyone else bashes him all the time. I just got overwhelmed with the idea of them safe while everyone else falls under the category of "acceptable losses". I frustrated and scared. Bad combination for me, makes me go to pieces....sorry.

What are you apologising for??? Anyway we all make mistakes for voting for Bush (just kidding!!!! I take that back quickly) No I am sure Bush is doing what he can to help. He must be safe or the country will be unled.
Anyway, you can't all fit in AirForce1 anyway.

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 01:24 PM   #22
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
DragonMage
I don't think you need to apologise at all. I hate the fact that the average person is less important than others. But it is reality we face every day. We are all not expendable. I care as much about your life as I care about my wife as I care about every person in this country. We are all as important as Mr. Bush...never, ever forget that!

Mark

(My 2 cents)

I second that...bringing the total up to 4 cents.

Moni

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-11-2001, 01:34 PM   #23
skywalker
Banned User

I would also like to stress that this situation has caused a lot of tension that has a high chance of explosion. Offhand remarks due to emotions are bound to happen. That is a problem in itself, reacting harshly to these comments can make it worse. We all need to understand things have and will be written that we may not appreciate if we read them or we may regret if we write them. Just take a second to think and try not to be hard on those of us who didn't think first.

2 more cents.

Mark
Old 09-11-2001, 01:38 PM   #24
Vampire

Whoa he's getting rich. He's making more money than those on the stokes lately.
Just trying a bit of a laugh. no harm intended (very careful now)

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 01:45 PM   #25
MagiK

Avatar...I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt but you are most definatley the biggest ass I have ever encounterd on the net, I attribute it to your youth, I hope you never truely know horror in your life...then again it might just give you a soul. Moni..you are old enough to know better. Shame on you.

I am so sad that people can't put their petty fears and ignorances aside to tull together in times of tragedy. Why don't some of you go out and donate some blood because we are going to need all we can get here. 20'000+ people in the Pentagon at 9am on any particular day, 50,000+ people working at the WTC and another 10,000+ visiting the wtc...it is going to be a major strain on our blood supplies.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-11-2001, 01:50 PM   #26
skywalker
Banned User

MagiK!

Did you not read this?

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
I would also like to stress that this situation has caused a lot of tension that has a high chance of explosion. Offhand remarks due to emotions are bound to happen. That is a problem in itself, reacting harshly to these comments can make it worse. We all need to understand things have and will be written that we may not appreciate if we read them or we may regret if we write them. Just take a second to think and try not to be hard on those of us who didn't think first.

2 more cents.

Mark

Just let it go!

Mark
Old 09-11-2001, 01:52 PM   #27
MagiK

I have skywalker, I have just decided that from now on any post by him will go unread on my part and uncommented on..there are bigger issues. Have you donated blood? please, if you can do so.

------------------

Old 09-11-2001, 01:53 PM   #28
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Avatar...I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt but you are most definatley the biggest ass I have ever encounterd on the net, I attribute it to your youth, I hope you never truely know horror in your life...then again it might just give you a soul. Moni..you are old enough to know better. Shame on you.

I am so sad that people can't put their petty fears and ignorances aside to tull together in times of tragedy. Why don't some of you go out and donate some blood because we are going to need all we can get here. 20'000+ people in the Pentagon at 9am on any particular day, 50,000+ people working at the WTC and another 10,000+ visiting the wtc...it is going to be a major strain on our blood supplies.

Hey, we mean no harm...Avatar is perfectly within his right to try and keep us all smiling at this time.

I am old enough to know better than what?! I really want to know what you mean by this.

I would go donate blood but they don't want mine...I'm anemic, my blood is not worthy no matter who needs it. I'm sorry...those are not my rules but that is my status as far as being a donor goes. I am doing what I can from Texas...praying for everyone involved and being with my friends here for any uplifting that may need be done.

I love you.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-11-2001, 01:53 PM   #29
Legolas the Elven Archer

Quote:
Originally posted by trux:
it's not exactly cowardice that the president and the rest of the top government officials go into hiding. without them being safe we're a country with no governing body, which is a far more dangerous thing than anything that's happened thus far.
Partially true, though a country can do better without a president than it can without civilians...

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

This picture has nothing to do with the other part of my sig. It's just cool.

Old 09-11-2001, 01:56 PM   #30
MagiK

Moni, I don't fault you for not being able to donate, it is not your fault that you are anemic.

What I ment by you are old enough to know better, is that (in my opinion which admittedly doesnt count for much) You should not be taking cheap shots at any of our leadership in this time of grief and crisis and egging on a juvenile person to do the same. Sorry if that was not your intent, but being here very close to the pentagon, Im not in much of a mood to make fine distinctions of "humor" for people joking about the deaths of my friends and countrymen.

------------------