Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-14-2001, 06:04 PM   #11
turbovee
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord:
Yes, my cars!!

Ditto

------------------
I feel the need, the need for SPEED!
Peace and hair grease
Old 03-14-2001, 08:51 PM   #12
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
Moridin is a character in the Robert Jordan "Wheel of Time" series. His name means death and even the Forsaken (the most powerful 'magic' users of all time) are afraid of him.....and I thought it sounded cool

I also wondered, but I never got the chance to ask. Humph.

BK

Old 03-14-2001, 08:52 PM   #13
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Mine is pretty simple. I always choose a Masculine name from a deck of Magic cards. Shuffled, cut, BAM, a Black Knight is born.

BK
Old 03-14-2001, 09:07 PM   #14
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Relic, you may have a poor opinion(unfounded in my opinion) of yourself but I have the greatest respect for you. I've always enjoyed reading your posts from wayyyyy back last year. Dont sell yourself short buddy, I dont know what mistakes you have made in life but I've made a BUNCH. I've grown wiser through the years, very much so. Your way beyond me in wisdom, but hey I have a few years to catch up!

Kdog-Ummm I think the reason you were called a dog in the army is because you guys are Doggies!!!! Haha!!!! Yes, Former Marine (L/Cpl 6521) insulting the army just for fun!

Lord of Alcohol- The name has been around for thousands of years and yes its me. I am immortal. Some would call me a demon, but hey I just want everyone to have a good time! I'm turnig the taps loose for the night, drink up!
Old 03-14-2001, 09:08 PM   #15
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

I picked it because is the family name of my Grandfather on my mothers side. He was a man who did many things in his life, lost a lot of family but never gave up his ideals. In my opinion he was a great man and I felt I should honour him some how.

------------------
Old 03-14-2001, 09:11 PM   #16
sirgwayne

My real name is Wayne,and I mostly enjoy playing a Palidin. Hence the name is
SirGwayne....

------------------

Walk lightly my friend.

Old 03-14-2001, 11:55 PM   #17
Lifetime
Red Dragon

My name is a messed up song title..It has lotsa meanings to me actually. It came about from Greenday's Good Riddance (Time of your Life) song and it means the span of a human life and what you do in it to make it worthwhile, eg "I've done a lot of stupid things in my lifetime, but this tops the cake"
Plus it sounds cool

------------------
Why?
Old 03-15-2001, 01:29 AM   #18
JJ/newbie

The first time I registered for the old board, I was new, hence newbie. When the new board started, I just wanted to use my name, JJ, but included the newbie to shortcut the type of name-rename stuff like Griev...uh, Bahamu...uh, Rand..uh.. that one guy from the phillipines (jokes) I used to use all sorts of fancy genre-based nomenclature, but as I get older I tend more and more towards the utilitarian in more aspects of my life - hence the names of my characters when bg2 was crashing my computer on a regular basis in chap 2 and 3, my pc was called first elric, then fighter, redo, retry, reedit, onemore, again and finally crash. When I started the monk that I finally finished with, I called him - wait for it - (drumroll, please) - monk! I know, terribly imaginative of me, but I figured why waste a name on another crash victim? - Hey, crash victim - I've got the name of my next pc!

------------------
When given a choice, take both.

Old 03-15-2001, 02:25 AM   #19
dafan

My friends started to call me that of no reasons and I thought it sounded cool so I started use it all the time.... My teachers went crazy in the beginning... getting essays and test with an unknown name

------------------
My strength and honor
for king and country
Old 03-15-2001, 03:00 AM   #20
sylent
Emerald Dragon

Sylent...
Sy-lent...
I am a sylent type of person... some might say reserved.
It sounds cool (to my mind), plus it is the most descriptive word I can think of which describes myself... I use it everywhere on the internet

------------------

"Watch your back" - Sylent
Master Theif of the OHF