Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-30-2000, 06:06 PM   #1
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hi, I've been having a slight problem with Adamantite golems in Chapter 7. Its slaughtering my party like goats in a pentagram. How do I hurt these things? Can anyone tell me? And I was wondering...are there ANY decent long swords in the game? The best I have is +2/+4 vs undead. I know next time its two-handed sword all they way! Anyway any hint about the golems would be nice. Thanks!
Old 11-30-2000, 06:31 PM   #2
Neal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i think you need a +3 at least... not sure tho
Old 11-30-2000, 06:43 PM   #3
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Yea, I gave my main character Viconias +3 mace (which he isnt proficient in)to use and it just scratches it. Along with all the other +3 weapons. Meanwhile it tears apart (literally) the rest of the party who dont have low armor classes. As in utterly crushed beyond raising. It has me a bit aggravated!
Old 11-30-2000, 06:52 PM   #4
Neal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i know what you mean.. i cast stoneskin with my kensai/mage quite a few times... kept doing crap like 2-4 damage even when i did the kai ability. eventually i just chipped it to dust which is the only way i know to kill em.
Old 11-30-2000, 07:01 PM   #5
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Lord of Alcohol,
Do everything in your power to get both parts of the Silver Sword to Cromwell and he will forge the Vorpal Blade, it is an awesome sword. Each hit has a 15% chance that the target must make a saving throw versus death at a -4 penalty. Failure results in instant death.
I have toppled 2 Adamantine Golems with it alone, in short order.
I got tired of killing Firkraag and having at least 1 to 3 of my party die in the process. So I sent my naked Kensai buffed up with defensive spells and I got lucky and took him down on the second hit. You know when you get the fatal hit because the little transparent spirit materializes, screams, swirls aroud and dissipates. I love this sword!
Oh yeah, it takes down those dreaded Greater Wolfweres, Beholders etcetera.
Old 11-30-2000, 08:00 PM   #6
Teeka

Where are the two pieces. Thanks

Old 11-30-2000, 08:25 PM   #7
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

the blade on Saemon Havarian and the hilt on someone who will attack you if you hold on to the blade for to long.
Old 11-30-2000, 09:57 PM   #8
Armisael

The Rod of Smiting, sold by a drow merchant in Ust Natha, will instantly kill a golem that fails a saving throw versus death.

Old 11-30-2000, 10:15 PM   #9
Vlade

emm use the old BG1 method... u know... the 1 guy attracts the dumb golem's attn and the rest shoots him up good. the tasheron's bow and the gesen's bow and any other +3 weaons r good against addy golems.

Old 11-30-2000, 10:19 PM   #10
Magness
Quintesson

There are 2 +3 longswords:

The Blade of Roses
and
The Equalizer

Actually, there's third one, called Blackrazor. But it's not available until just before the final battle.

You should also make a serious effort to get the super hammer "Crom Faeyr". It's a +5 hammer that gives the wielder 25 STR and kills clay and stone golems with a single hit. It's worth every second of effort. And Minsc loves it too!!