Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2000, 10:19 PM   #1
Bewildered

I can't kill those !@#$%^&* Umber Hulks in the lower levels of the De'arnise hold.

Help pls, I need it desperately.

Old 11-09-2000, 10:24 PM   #2
Larry

Did you try to make the Dog soup??
There are hints about that around with the survivors...the Hulks like it so much they will ignore you if you feed it to them. You gotta make some with the 4 dogs outside the keep, and take their crap to the stove, and stir up a brew...

Old 11-09-2000, 11:54 PM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Then after that you can kill them one by one. Chaotic Commands help to make you immune to their confusion gaze.
Old 11-09-2000, 11:58 PM   #4
Gregor

Another tip -

Have an invisible character (potion / spell) open the door and have your mage cast cloudkill. They drop like flies... I couldn't believe it... A lucky stroke. It's best to kill them first, as if you don't (i.e. make the dog stew for them) they will come back and attack you during your next battle. Which is realistic I suppose, but caught me off guard. The exp's for the dog stew are pretty awesome, so do that first then fire off a cloudkill... happy trails...

Old 11-10-2000, 12:00 AM   #5
Cabanaboy

You betcha, man... open door, cloudkill, close door. Like a huge "Raid Bug-Bomb" going off... It's the best spell in the game for clearing a room. I love casting it on top of a web so the prey can't run away.

Old 11-10-2000, 12:55 AM   #6
Armisael

You can kill them, then put the dog stew in place, and you still get the XP, which as somebody else mentioned counts for a lot. I'm not really sure how cooking can be such a fulfilling exercise, but I suppose it's best not to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Old 11-10-2000, 06:15 AM   #7
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

it is kinda simple... equip your fighters with mind-shield weapons so they can be immune to thier chaotic attacks and stand by the door way so you can kill them one at a time... works for me! Good luck
Old 11-11-2000, 07:48 AM   #8
Intuition

Minsc had a Licaror (spelling) equipped...Yet, he still got charmed...Good thingy my main char has a hell lot of HP...

Old 11-12-2000, 12:25 AM   #9
The.Relic
Red Dragon

I've taken out UmberHulk's with fighters etcetera, but Cabanaboy is right, cloudkill drops them instantly, everyone, everytime. I also like the web, cloudkill, entangle combo, but it doesn't always work. A lot of enemies are either immune to these or have excellent saving rolls against them.