Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 12-11-2001, 06:25 PM   #1
huskie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am basically ready to quit the game- it's too bad, because I enjoy it- but I have been stuck for over a week trying to defeat Draconis, and so far I cannot even injure him, much less defeat him. Although I left another thread asking for help, I would like to leave this last attempt to stay in the game. I think a week in the same spot is quite long enough. I basically have two problems- one is that as soon as I encounter Draconis, he casts domination or confusion or something like that, and I lose half my players right away- if I keep most of them out of harms way, then Draconis comes looking for them, and I lose them anyhow.
Second- I am totally unable to even remotely injure Draconis- I have tried remove magic, breach, and lower resistance to make him more vulnerable- and it does no good. I have been stuck before in many other places, but never for so long in one place. Any help would really be appreciated, because I am clearly not solving this by myself. Most of my players, by the way, are 20th level, with my cleric and mage at 15th level.
huskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 06:31 PM   #2
Tom
Elminster

Umm, are you talking about the dragon or the human form of draconis or are you talking about both.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 06:36 PM   #3
huskie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I lost half my team to domination, confusion, etc., as soon as the fight starts with the human form of Draconis. Even if I survive that part, and usually I do, when the dragon appears, then it's all over. I make no dent whatsoever.
Old 12-11-2001, 06:36 PM   #4
Yggdrasil
Dungeon Master

What class is your PC?
Yggdrasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 06:56 PM   #5
huskie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Wizard slayer- 24th level
Old 12-11-2001, 07:15 PM   #6
Yggdrasil
Dungeon Master

Here are some suggestions:

Run back to Athkatla and buy a spellstrike spell. Have Imoen memorize it and rest. Then go back to Abazigal's fortress.

First, have Imoen lay all her traps on the steps. Then get Aerie and Jaheira to cast Chaotic Commands on your best fighter(s). That will render the fighters immune to any mental attacks.

Then buff up your fighters. Cast Haste, cast Chant, whatever. Have em drink all the best fighter potions. If anyone in the party has any summoning spells, summon the toughest creatures possible. I suggest equipping Aerie and Imoen with the best projectile weapons/ammo they have.

Then keep everyone else below the traps while sending your fighters & summoned creatures to deal with the human Draconis. You should be able to beat him like a gong, and then as soon as Draconis changes to a dragon, run back to where the traps are. He'll follow and run into the traps. Then have Imoen cast Spellstrike on his big ol beeehind, and then everyone can commence pounding him.
Yggdrasil is offline   Reply With Quote