Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 05-03-2003, 01:13 AM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>1) She didn't really die, did she? Please let there be a good explanation to get her outta that!
2) What was the Professor looking out the window and smiling at?
3) What did Nightcrawler say as to the reason that he could not save her?

Now...for what I liked best...

1) The fight scene in the White House with Nightcrawler
2) The scene where Wolverine is saving everyone in the school.
3) The part where Magneto busts out of prison and the whole plot that made it happen.

That is all I can think of. I am ready to go to bed now. </font>
Old 05-03-2003, 10:48 AM   #2
StigTC

1) Beats me how they're gonna save her.
2) He could probably feel she was still alive.
3) He said that she wouldn't let him, apparently she could stop him somehow with her powers.

1) Absolutely, excellent fightscene.
2) Thought it looked cheesy, liked Colossus though.
3) Yearh, great special effects there.

4) Where the hell is Beast and Gambit, they're in the credits, but I didn't spot them in the movie.
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
StigTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 01:23 PM   #3
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by StigTC:
1) Beats me how they're gonna save her.
2) He could probably feel she was still alive.
3) He said that she wouldn't let him, apparently she could stop him somehow with her powers.

1) Absolutely, excellent fightscene.
2) Thought it looked cheesy, liked Colossus though.
3) Yearh, great special effects there.

4) Where the hell is Beast and Gambit, they're in the credits, but I didn't spot them in the movie.
MOVIE SPOILERS
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
1. At the very end, they show a shape of a phoenix (very vague and hard to see) coasting along the water (thus the reason her eyes got firey every time she used her powers). A different version of the Phoenix Saga from the comics is probably coming in X3.

2. Exactly. If she is upgraded to Phoenix now, he couldn't help but notice her.

3. In the Phoenix Saga in the comics, Phoenix could pretty much do anything. She was uberpowerful (beat up Galactus at one point), could change matter around, go toe-to-toe telepathically with Xavier, etc. Thus, Jean Grey instantly fixes, starts up, and flies the plane; all the while she is holding back the flood.

1. It was a good fight scene. He was even more powerful than in the comics. I like the way he was teleporting around to confuse them and think that they were dealing with more than one enemy. They did a real good job with the tension in that scene.

2. I actually liked that scene. The only thing I didn't like is that no one could figure out to turn on the lights to mess with the guys with LI goggles. [img]smile.gif[/img] Colossus should have played a bigger part; it's not like they could have hurt him! But still, it was a cool scene.

3. Yeah, that was pretty cool. What made it cool was the way that Mystique set the whole thing up beforehand. She's even more lethal in the movies than she is in the comic book. Question is, if she can change her form, then why can't she hide scars?

4. Probably on the cutting room floor. The most you saw of either was when Mystique was pulling up names, and you saw "LeBeau, Remy" on the screen.

5. Was it just me or did Kelly Hu have just one line in the whole movie? Maybe her scenes are on the cutting room floor, too. Pretty cool fight with Wolverine, though a little too short.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 02:54 PM   #4
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

I agree about the Nightcrawler fight - absolutely awesome. My only real problem with the film is that after that he really just faded out of the film as a character. Ok so he was still there, and he was still a major plot element but he really didn't actually do much. Mind you, neither did Iceman, Rogue, Cyclops, or Collussus in general. In some ways I think they overused some characters where a bit of a spread might have been more interesting. I'm thinking Wolverine and Mystique particularly here. Although cool, just slightly overused in my opinion. Maybe thats just me.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Barry the Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 12:25 AM   #5
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

when we saw that eyes of jean grey had this fiery thing.. my friend and i smiled and said, "phoenix." can't wait for X3
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 11:36 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

A very different intepretation on how Jean became the Phoneix, but one that I am willing to welcome if done properly. [img]smile.gif[/img] For me, the highlight of the show was Magneto escaping from the prison. To quote my friend,

"3... metal... balls."

It was so cool, that describing it as cool seems to do it injustice.

I am in agony though... that GAMBIT IS NOT AROUND! ARRGGGHHHH! He is like my number one favourite X-Men. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Shoo! Shoo, Bobby! I want to see Gambit and Rogue together. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 03:24 PM   #7
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

There's a thread on GenDisc's too, but since it really belongs here, I'll cut-paste in my response from that thread:

I think they've done the current story better than the original. Magneto is much better this way than just some wacko trying to be eeevil. I really like his history as a concentration camp sufferer. It makes his stance on mutant issues much more understandable. "Get them before they get us."

Okay, there a spoilers coming up, big ones, I warned you, highlight text:

The setup for the Phoenix bit is cool (notice the red phoenix in the lake at the end). Jean's events in X-men 1 (which I absolutely *must* see again now) leading to new powers and all. I like it better than meeting some weirdo creature at the edge of the universe (which was the cartoon's version of events).

I like that they began this plot back in the first movie - remember Wolvie's weird dreams from the same set and scenery?

I want them to kill off some ones. Makes for a more realistic story. So far, Jean Grey is the only "good" mutant who has died - and we all know she'll be coming back - so it's sorta hokey that no one dies.

Thank god they left out Hank. He would annoy me completely.

Nightcrawler, and the opening scene, ROCKED.

Magneto's use of iron to escape prison beat the scene where Nightcrawler saved Rogue, IMO. It was very cool.

I didn't like mystique last movie - but LOVED her in this one. The flick-off while sliding under the door was classic.

All in all, a great flick. WOnderful special effects. Good story. Good themes (and pretty creative use of themes - we all know them because we read the comics, but on the big screen they're pretty creative).

One problem: my wife liked the movie, but supports mutant registration. She and I discussed this. She sees them as dangerous, with the few that seek to do harm and the many that inadvertantly do harm being VERY dangerous. She thinks they have an uneven playing field and that it is unfair to regular people.
Old 05-04-2003, 03:27 PM   #8
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Nerull:

3. In the Phoenix Saga in the comics, Phoenix could pretty much do anything. She was uberpowerful (beat up Galactus at one point), could change matter around, go toe-to-toe telepathically with Xavier, etc.
...Not to mention the fact she destroyed an entire solar system in her Dark Phoenix period by sucking the energy out of a star (!), killing 6 billion on one of the planets in the solar system in the process. I doubt the Dark Phoenix saga will already happen in X3, though; bit too soon.
Grojlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 03:34 PM   #9
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nerull:

3. In the Phoenix Saga in the comics, Phoenix could pretty much do anything. She was uberpowerful (beat up Galactus at one point), could change matter around, go toe-to-toe telepathically with Xavier, etc.
...Not to mention the fact she destroyed an entire solar system in her Dark Phoenix period by sucking the energy out of a star (!), killing 6 billion on one of the planets in the solar system in the process. I doubt the Dark Phoenix saga will already happen in X3, though; bit too soon. </font>[/QUOTE]Maybe my wife was right and they should be registered. No mutant's, or anyone's, liberty is worth 6 billion.
Old 05-04-2003, 03:49 PM   #10
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
<font color=skyblue>1) She didn't really die, did she? Please let there be a good explanation to get her outta that!
2) What was the Professor looking out the window and smiling at?
3) What did Nightcrawler say as to the reason that he could not save her?
</font>
1) She is "possesed" by the Pheonix. that's why her eyes would start to show fire, and she was so powerfull. You saw the pheonix in the water at the end of the movie.
2)Probably because he knew she was still alive.
3)She was preventing him from using his power.

Edit: ARRG! I didn't read the other posts, and I was hoping to be the first one to post the explanation and look smart. [img]graemlins/verysad.gif[/img]

[ 05-04-2003, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: Luvian ]