Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2003, 02:35 AM   #1
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

This might belong in a different but, i hope the next edition to baldurs gate or icewind dale will hav a mor dire plot. I mean, its not like the story behind any of them have really effected the whole world. Id kinda like to stop some big plot to destroy all life or somtin like that. Wha bou u?
Old 11-15-2003, 02:57 AM   #2
dragon_lord
Elminster

Story spoilers

In bg1 Sarevok wanted to start a huge and bloody war so he would ascend. In bg2 Irenicus wants to become a god (an evil god) which will kill all the elves in Suldanessalar (sucking the Tree of Life dry). In TOB the Five are basically causing destruction and bloodshed all up and down the coast. They want to become demi gods of Faerun. How are these not dire and world affecting?

[ 11-15-2003, 02:59 AM: Message edited by: dragon_lord ]
[img]\"http://unrealpowerhouse.ozforces.com.au/lich_des.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/\" target=\"_blank\">The Items Mart</a><br /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/misc.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Monster Enchantments and Immunities List</a>
dragon_lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 03:12 AM   #3
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Balintherlas:
This might belong in a different but, i hope the next edition to baldurs gate or icewind dale will hav a mor dire plot. I mean, its not like the story behind any of them have really effected the whole world. Id kinda like to stop some big plot to destroy all life or somtin like that. Wha bou u?
Both games had plots that affected events across the land. However, you don't really see the impact the PC's decisions had on the rest of the Fae'run.

Take a look at this map and count the number of places you know from playing BG and IWD. Then look at the rest of the map. Believe it or not, the PC's actions affected those places too. Everything just seemed to come together wherever the PC was at a particular time.

You might also feel there was a lack of urgency. Remember all the Final Fantasy games? Sometimes the heroes had to do small, seemingly inconsequential tasks in order to go on to greater things.
Old 11-15-2003, 03:41 AM   #4
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

I know jon wanted to become a dark god, but arnt ther those already, same wit saervok. What im lookin for is like a union of dark and evil powers or somtin and a huge war, then maybe u hav to travel ALL over the world to find som artifact to stop them, or unite all the other people. The blessing or blessings of som gods wouldnt hurt either. Just a thought though.
Old 11-15-2003, 04:30 AM   #5
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

That would never happen because of Ao. I don't think he would allow for an unbalancing thing like that to happen..
Old 11-15-2003, 05:43 AM   #6
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

I thought Ao was the supreme overgod?

I don't suppose in the grand scheme of things that events on Faerun will have any impact anyway - so why would he interfere?
Old 11-15-2003, 07:58 AM   #7
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Dace De'Briago:

I don't suppose in the grand scheme of things that events on Faerun will have any impact anyway - so why would he interfere?

Actually: I'm Lord Ao, nice to meet ya'll!!
Old 11-15-2003, 02:47 PM   #8
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Hello, Lord, how ya doin?
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 10:11 PM   #9
vesselle
Hathor

bout time you showed up! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

'sides, don't think there's gonna be anymore BG anyway. the devs are pretty adamant that THAT was it. not even with that gabillion page petition going on the official forums. think they are pretty set on developing their own worlds now, as licensing has left a sour taste in their collective mouths.

V***V
Old 11-17-2003, 12:46 AM   #10
masteraleph
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Dace De'Briago:

Ao works according to his own designs. Also, he has his own willingness to let things happen among the gods- and since the gods are given power by their worshipers, then a massive war would throw everything out of whack.
masteraleph is offline   Reply With Quote