Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2000, 11:04 PM   #1
Conan

Does it work with the official patch. I already have the xp cap remover, how willit affect that?

Old 12-05-2000, 11:13 PM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Conan, I did install this as I was curious about it, lore and saves work ok but spell progression got a bit stuffed up, I had to re-add some memory slots using SK as in one game my Level 30 mage only had 2(!) level 9 spells. Problem is, I don't have any AD&D rulebooks to check what the spell progressions should be.

It didn't cause any bugs, either, so far.
Old 12-05-2000, 11:15 PM   #3
Conan

Thanks Memnoch I think I'll install it and see how it goes.

Old 12-05-2000, 11:44 PM   #4
Morninglord

Memnoch, you want the spell progression list for a lvl 30 mage? Well, the AD&D core rulebooks only deals with characters up to level 20, further roleplaying beyond that level is quite strongly advice against, because the characters become too powerful. However, there was one single book that I can remember that that list was in. It was called "The high level campaigns" and was a book made for Dungeon Masters who wanted to lead a game for characters of level 20-30.
I will look it up if you want me to, however I can't do that just at the moment, as I am at work (the clock is 5.40am here, but I work nights)

/Morninglord of Sweden

Old 12-06-2000, 01:21 AM   #5
Conan

Morninglord, I would be interested in the spell progression if its not any trouble. I have to get some sleep , have to be to work in a few hours ( 1:15 am here ), could you email it to me? rokkit@mybizz.net I would apreciate it. This patch reverts all your memorized spell slots back.

Old 12-06-2000, 02:27 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Conan, did it stuff up your spell slots as well? I might send a note to Shadowstrider about it.

Um, I found this site which has all the AD&D rulebooks online but I can't download the files, see if any of you can do it. It's pretty hard to get onto the bloody site as it is!

Morninglord if you could do that it would be appreciated, take your time.
Old 12-06-2000, 06:31 AM   #7
Satyre

Shite... now I find this thread.. where is the lvl 50 patch?

Old 12-06-2000, 06:43 AM   #8
Mr. Underhill
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey Satyre, Go to TeamBG.com, they have the 50th level rules fix.
Old 12-06-2000, 09:58 AM   #9
Conan

Memnoch, I'm not sure what you mean by stuffing up the slots. Ive got to go to work,but I'll check ou that site when I get back to see if I can download it. Should be around 7pm EST. Also there is a guy at work that has been playing D&D forever, He even went to that big convention in Minneapolis Minnesota to play. This guy eat drinks and sleeps D&D. I'll see what info he's got.