Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-16-2000, 03:59 PM   #1
cleric

I read that there was a talking sworth.

Are they funny ? ore are they stupid ?

Wat are the stats ?

And...Where to get him ?!

Are there hammers that can talk too ( i think not ).

The Cleric / Ice Mage Nik

Old 11-16-2000, 04:12 PM   #2
Arithor

The talking sword can be aquired in the dungeon behind the copper corronet (slaver place), by doing the quest for "the One" or whatever it was called. The sword is a double-handed sword +3, and gives immunity to charm and confusion if i remember correctly.
The sword gets annoying after hearing all his lines for five chapters after eachother though...

It has more lines then any of the NPC's in BG1 by the way, and while not that funny, it's much better done then the speaking...mace(?) from planescape: torment.

There are no other speaking weapons I have encountered in my first game...

"I may be an intelligent sword, but I had no formal edumication"

Old 11-16-2000, 04:17 PM   #3
cleric

just ja .

I have now only one thing to say :
I may be an intelligent sword, but I had no formal edumication.

Groetjes Nik the Cleric / Ice Mage

Old 11-16-2000, 06:31 PM   #4
ripslaughter

The swords name is "Lilarcor" and as previously mentioned can be found in the sewer maze.

The main reason for replying is to issue you a word of warning.... this bloody sword is always taunting you and trying to start a fight, not a problem I hear you say, as this game revolves around fighting. However if you have this sword equipped and haven't fought for a short while, it lunges out at the nearest character, either one of your group or a NPC. Highly frustrating if you are trying to initiate a conversation and get on the good side of someone.

After a while I was fed up of this and stopped using it. Maybe you will have better luck. It might have been the fact that I had Minsc using it and he has his own silly tendancy to go berserk when his special lady gets badly injured, and whacks the nearest person.

Good luck.

Old 11-16-2000, 08:08 PM   #5
Armisael

Eh? It never jumped out of my hands and whacked people. Just kept pleading with me to kill things.

Old 11-16-2000, 08:09 PM   #6
Zenith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

if you keep to range weapons for travel purposes (i find this helps to get the jump on most mages that start sumthin') you shouldn't have a problem w/ lilarcor attacking people...i never did. and i ejoy his shpeal, it's definitely meant for minsc (despite his two-weapon proficeincy)