Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2004, 11:57 PM   #1
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

I just finished a folder that I wanted to run as a screen saver. However, when I went to activate my screensaver, it's nowhere to be found.

El Cheapo (Gov't issue) Dell laptop, Win2k, and that other video card company that doesn't start with and ATI for a graphics card.

In other areas, display properties is not providing the screen saver tab.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 09-19-2004, 12:49 AM   #2
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

do you remember the name of it? if so, you can always run a search for it
Old 09-19-2004, 12:59 AM   #3
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Tanks Stormy, I guess is what I should say, I cannot find 'The Win2K Screensaver'. As in the control tab, where one sets up screen saver, turns it on, options etc.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 09-19-2004, 03:39 AM   #4
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I do not know about win2k :/ I have only had 95/98/me and xp sorry, perhaps someone else can help

unless there is a control panel? if so it should be in there......
Old 09-19-2004, 07:19 AM   #5
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Normally installing a SS places it in that list.

Now, if the SS is just a file that ends with .scr then you should place that file directly in your c:\ directory for it to show up in the list. Don't make a folder, just move the file there.
[img]graemlins/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2004, 12:26 PM   #6
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Tanks Ronn, but I have not explained well enough I guess.
The weekend person at Dell and my Felix the cat could carry on a PC conversation. OR, is it me?

The Screen Saver, you know, right click on the desktop, go to Active desktop, go to Customize desktop, go to the tabs and select Screen saver. That Screen saver, that tab, option, whatever you prefer, that's what's missing. I have no screen saver option, that's what I'm trying to find.
Or from the control panel, go to Display properties, either way you prefer to click it, I can't find it.

John F. Kennedy

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Old 09-19-2004, 12:42 PM   #7
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

OOOOOH.

Not a screen saver missing from the SS list, but the SS list itself is missing. That is weird, and I have no idea what could cause something like that.

[ 09-19-2004, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 09-19-2004, 12:54 PM   #8
Zero Alpha

format and reinstall

it solves everything

>.>
Old 09-19-2004, 01:07 PM   #9
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally posted by Zero Alpha:
format and reinstall

it solves everything

>.>
I'm with you. [img]graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img] However, that is NOT an option on this machine.

John F. Kennedy

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Old 09-19-2004, 01:34 PM   #10
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Can you log in under another profile to see if it is system wide?