Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2001, 11:40 PM   #1
AboveTheRimYo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Location: Doughnut IV - Third largest starbase of the Doughnut Dimension
Though i cant say i agree with people using an RPG board to spout off about terrorism, ive finally buckled & decided to have my 2 cents worth as well, so here it is:

Its a fact of life, that if your a bully at school, and you go around bossing people, telling them how to live, and beating up those who disagree with you (your just protecting your 'freedom' to be obnoxious to others right?) then sooner or later some of the kids you've picked on are going to join together & have a go at you, even if its only to prove they dont like being pushed around.

Of course, if your by far the biggest, toughest kid in the school then everything that you do is 'right' and 'good' and 'the only way' since no-one can beat the crap out of you (usually all that kind of kid understands) to prove otherwise. an IMPORTANT thing to realise is that sooner or later a new kid will come along who's tougher, and will knock you off the top of the hill. Watchout when that happens, because everyone who you've bullied while you were no.1 is going to take advantage & get theirs back on you, and some people have very long memories.

Even the "Holy" Roman Empire crumbled into nothing after 1000 years of glory. No 'bully' ever stays at the top forever, no matter how much self-reighous rubbish he spouts to his followers in trying to keep his gang together.

Most bullies (in my experience) never learn this lesson, and continue to victimise, lecture, or provoke whomever they please right up until they are brought back to earth with a broken nose. Then all of a sudden they find themselves being unpopular, and wonder why are other people cheering my suffering? Ive never, ever, hurt anyone else before.........have I?

THANKFULLY the world is too big a playground for just one bully (im sure lots of dictators in third world countries would love the job though).

On a different topic, ive noticed that a recent terrorist attack on some American buildings has been blamed (not PROVEN yet, just blamed) on a group of Muslims from Afghanistan. Ive also noticed that most Muslims hate the idea of Jews currently occupying Jerusalem, and its also a fact that America gives Israel 100 BILLION dollars a year in 'foreign aid' (you have to love terms like that one) as well as supplying the Jews with the vast majority of their weapons, despite publically remaining "neutral" on the issue.

As with most dilemmas, the easiest solution may be to find a scapegoat as quick as possible (who should be publically burned at the stake just like in the good ol' middle ages) , completely ignore all of the issues and moral ramifications involved, and hope that life will go on as usual, because after all- the 'good guys' got their man, or a least someone to blame for everything.

Often those who refuse to look inside themselves would prefer to live in fear of what they might find, rather than face the struggle of conquering their own inadequecies.
AboveTheRimYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 11:43 PM   #2
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Do you live in america?

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Messenger of the Emerald Dragon

May a pregnant yak chew on your ear for all eternity.
A guitar solo is to a guitarsist is what a palette is too a painter.
"...But I look at my self as a fragile, inteligent,human being. But there is a clown inside that comes and messes it up everytime" -Jim Morrison

GO DEVILS!!!!
Grand-Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 11:45 PM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

man... cannot people put their idea in first sentence when disucss them?

lol, welcome
250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 11:58 PM   #4
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Is this the same bully that gives MORE AID (FOOD & MEDICAL SUPPIES) then any other country in the world?
How many Arab countries are flying US made Fighters? It seems to me that there was a little country in the Persian gulf area that was conquered by it's Arab neighbor in 1990, is that country still under the control of the invading neighbor?

------------------
Crustiest of the OLD COOTS
Airline ticket to Afghanistan $800
High powered rifle with scope $1000
Hotel room with roof access $100
A clean Head shot on that sack of Horse Manure Usuma Bin Laden PRICELESS!
John D Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 12:18 AM   #5
AboveTheRimYo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Location: Doughnut IV - Third largest starbase of the Doughnut Dimension
Grand-Ranger: No, i dont live in america.

250: True, though i wasnt aware i was limited to one idea per post

John D Harris: Congrats on a wonderfull example of missing the point entirely, though i didnt know america gives more foreign aid than any other country. Yes i agree with you there, thank god those kuwaiti oil wells are still pumping, it would have saddened all our hearts immesurably had they been forced to become slaves of those 'communist oppressors' or whatever the iraqis was supposed to be at the time.
AboveTheRimYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 12:22 AM   #6
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by AboveTheRimYo:
Even the "Holy" Roman Empire crumbled into nothing after 1000 years of glory. No 'bully' ever stays at the top forever, no matter how much self-reighous rubbish he spouts to his followers in trying to keep his gang together.
What are you referring to here? The Empire of Rome, or the German Empire? The German Empire was called the Holy Roman Empire, but as one historian pointed out was neither holy, Roman, nor an empire. It sounds like you're talking about Rome, yet Rome was never called the Holy Roman Empire.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Yorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 12:23 AM   #7
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Quote:
[B]Grand-Ranger: No, i dont live in america.
B]

And you STILL have the gall to judge us.

Good,I am so glad you dont live in America.

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Messenger of the Emerald Dragon

May a pregnant yak chew on your ear for all eternity.
A guitar solo is to a guitarsist is what a palette is too a painter.
"...But I look at my self as a fragile, inteligent,human being. But there is a clown inside that comes and messes it up everytime" -Jim Morrison

GO DEVILS!!!!
Grand-Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 12:24 AM   #8
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:

John D Harris: Congrats on a wonderfull example of missing the point entirely, though i didnt know america gives more foreign aid than any other country. Yes i agree with you there, thank god those kuwaiti oil wells are still pumping, it would have saddened all our hearts immesurably had they been forced to become slaves of those 'communist oppressors' or whatever the iraqis was supposed to be at the time.
hey, get used to it... John D Harris is the most patriatic member here, and he is damn proud! he can give you plenty of examples on how US aided other countries

well see, the reason why you think he missed your point is because you missed his point:
USA, good! so it is tolerable for USA to do bad

John D Harris, am I right?
Old 10-09-2001, 12:27 AM   #9
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

You know what above the Rim. I don't think your fingers on the pulse. I'm suspicious that you haven't listed your location, and that your facts are wrong. Any "evil" that America has done is deserving of criticism. Hatred even. Nothing anywhere justifies the attack on the world trade centre however. Any argument you make is nullified by equating Americas actions with responsibility for the attack. These terrorists decided it on their own volition. Decided and chose what their course of action would be. The responsibility rests solely upon their shoulders and theirs alone. Instead of furthering their anti-American agenda, they have seriously set it back.

I suggest you get some more facts about the situation before posting mate. Welcome to the board though.

Oh, and I'm Australian, not American.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!

[This message has been edited by Yorick (edited 10-09-2001).]
Yorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 12:29 AM   #10
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
You know what above the Rim. I don't think your fingers on the pulse. I'm suspicious that you haven't listed your location, and that your facts are wrong. Any "evil" that America has done is deserving of criticism. Hatred even. Nothing anywhere justifies the attack on the world trade centre however. Any argument you make is nullified by equating Americas actions with responsibility for the attack. These terrorists decided it on their own volition. Decided and chose what their course of action would be. The responsibility rests solely upon their shoulders and theirs alone. Instead of furthering their anti-American agenda, they have seriously set it back.

I suggest you get some more facts about the situation before posting mate. Welcome to the board though.

Oh, and I'm Australian, not American.

you go, Aussie!! G'day, mate!