Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-03-2001, 09:13 AM   #1
Eladamri
Elite Waterdeep Guard

1. In the Jaheira romance, is there a certain time you should purchase the locket from the merchant in the docks? Or does it not matter when you buy it?

2. I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but I though it was really weird. In Umar Hills, I went to Minister Lloyd's home to get a quest, and when I entered, there were about 25 Lloyds!! Plus 25 of his wives! Has this happened to anyone before? It really doesn't affect gameplay, but it's still rather annoying. Anyone ideas how to get rid of them?
Old 07-03-2001, 12:18 PM   #2
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Just wanted to reply and 'bump' this to the top

1)No idea when you should purchase the locket...

2)Never had that happen, but would like to know...do you get 25 quests and 25 rewards also

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
Old 07-03-2001, 12:27 PM   #3
joetbd
Manshoon

1) word on the street is, the locket gets the romance started or kicks it into a higher gear. Other then that, there is no exact timing issue.

2) Do you have TOB installed? I seem to have a few duplicate occurences this time through SOA with the expansion installed.
Old 07-03-2001, 01:10 PM   #4
Grojlach
Zartan

25 Minister Lloyds? Lol, that reminds me of something...
*Grojlach spitting through some old stuff he never threw away*
Ah yes... look at this one:

This screenshot was taken from the little village in the Umar Hills as well... In the tavern to be more accurate. I was quite surprised when I first saw this... (Duh )
Old 07-03-2001, 01:12 PM   #5
Grojlach
Zartan

Oh, and in addition: yes I think the Jaheira romance gets its most important starting boost from buying this locket. If you want the romance to kick off, just buy the thing from the Merchant in the Docks district during the day time, next to uhm Valygars house? Dunno, it's been a while...
Old 07-03-2001, 03:53 PM   #6
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
Oh, and in addition: yes I think the Jaheira romance gets its most important starting boost from buying this locket. If you want the romance to kick off, just buy the thing from the Merchant in the Docks district during the day time, next to uhm Valygars house? Dunno, it's been a while...
Exactly right, Grojlach. It is pretty much in the center of the Docks district. However, this on its own will not kick the romance into high gear. There are 3 other events you must do to kick it into full gear:

SPOILER (DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU TRULY WANT TO BE SPOILED!!!)
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
1. When you first travel outside the city (or, if you stay in the city too long, it will happen in the city), you will encounter thugs standing over a poisoned man. Kill the thugs (they attack you anyway), and take the poisoned man to the Harper Hold in the Docks District (this is a perfect time to buy the locket ). After giving the man to the Harpers, you will be approached by Xzar (yes, the same guy from the BG1) and asked to rescue Montaron from the Harper Hold. Do so; it sets up a later confrontation that fires up the romance (and lots of encounters with angry Harpers, worth lots of xp!).

2. Sleep outside (I've had this encounter mostly in the Umar Hills, but I've even had it at Nalia's keep one time when I slept outside). You have an encounter with bandits that threaten Jaheira; offer to be their hostage instead. Keep pushing it until they shoot you with an arrow (they have to score a hit on you to flag the romance; if they miss, reload and replay it until they hit you). Note that this arrow does 1/2 of your hit points when it hits you (you are defenseless, according to the dialog). One of the funny things to do is to give your main guy the reflective shield from the Adventurer's Mart (reflects all missiles back); they will score the hit on you, firing up the romance, but one of them will take the damage! After you kill the bandits, she will chew you out. Tell her you did it so she wouldn't be hurt, and that fills this requirement.

3. Go to the Sea Bounty Inn in the Docks District. An old enemy of Jaheira curses her; follow this quest to resolution (there is a way to do it without combat), give her the lock of hair used to curse her, then sleep 3 times to remove the curse.

Once you do these 3 things, Jaheira will be called away on Harper business. Let her go, then immediately sleep. She returns, and asks you to go to Harper Hold with her (be ready for tough combat); this truly starts the romance going.

Hope this helps!

------------------

Death is only the beginning...