Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2001, 07:56 PM   #1
Fonzie Forum Tyrant of MH
Dungeon Master

Well a while back on MH, before I even became a mod never mind his globalness over there I started a thread called what do you want from life, as u could imageine most people wrote love happiness ect.

That thread inspired me to write this, which is a set of rules some poeple should check and try to follow, hope you enjoy it as much as everyone there seemed to.

To those of you who wish for love I would say this, never give up on something that seems an impossable dream, I am a firm beleiver in that if you want something enough and you make your self open to receiveing it and you are prepared to wait the long lonely nights then when you come out the other side you will have what you want.

When I started this I pretty much expected love to be the top of the list, if there are so many people wanting love, and so many people prepared to give it, doesnt it follow that at some point we will all have it?

Life is all about liveing, take each day enjoy it live it, take each night, and look back on the day, look for something posative, something you can note in your head and think, yes that made me a better or more compleate person, even if its just a smell that makes you smile.

To all of you dont give up on what you want, one day it will be yours, if it is ment to be, if it is not, then just enjoy the chase and the discovery, never let a bad event pull you down always focus on that which lifts you up.

Make sure that when your old and laying on your final bed that you cannot look back and wish, that you had said that or done this, do it now, while you still have time.

Never let anyone else question your self worth, never over streach your self beyond what you are capeable of fulfilling, be everything you can, be nothing more, try to make one person smile each day, remember to smile your self.

Do what you can without treading on anyone to reach the top, once your there help some one else up, when your on your way down, allow others to help you back up.

Treat everyone with respect, dignaty compassion, honesty, love and kindness, treat your self with the same.

Live your life with Dignaty, pride, honour, love, hope, trust, honesty, friendship and care, give these things freeley, receive them the same way.

Follow your heart but let your mind choose the path, open your self up to things which may hurt you, in the end it will lead to that which you all want the most.

Give everything your best shot, keep trying untill you get there, but never be afraid to ask for help, help anyone you can who asks for it, even those that dont deserve it.

Try to compliment one person every day, try to make their ego soar, try to make sure your own doesnt.

Give your heart mind body and soul to the one you love, take good care of those that are given to you.

Never be afraid to shed tears, these are the bandages of the soul and help to heal broken hearts.

Say what you feel, more importantly feel what you say.

Follow these guides and your life too may be enriched and touched by some one special, write from your heart speak from it, let your mind spell check it.

------------------
Kothoses Aka The Fonz, or Fonzie the Forum Tyrant (Demi God of the Mithril Hall)

Evil do'er extrodinaire, Most heinous Tyrant and Despot, nasty little bugger with the attitude of a hungover hobgoblin, destructive in his ways, and most definatly the most evil D.M. to walk the planet.

Slayer of Imps everywhere, destroyer of insipid tormenting lesser scubbuses from the forum hells.

AND ABOVE ALL MOST CERTAINLY NOT CUTE OR FLUFFY.
Old 10-25-2001, 08:12 PM   #2
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Nice post Fonz, please send women
Old 10-25-2001, 08:25 PM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

heya Koth, it's still a good post

LoA. .HAHAHAHA..

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-25-2001, 08:31 PM   #4
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Yeah, nice, good advice. If everyone followed that there would be no wars etc.
Old 10-25-2001, 08:35 PM   #5
Jolly Pirate
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Nice post Fonz, please send women
LoA, you are a man after my own heart. Yo ho ho!!! *drinks bottle of rum*

Old 10-25-2001, 08:37 PM   #6
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Good post and good to see you on the flip side, Koth!

------------------
Order of the Holy Flame
Member of Clan HADB
Laughing Hyena
Clan Illuminati
Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force
Official Scribe, Clan TLFB

Old 10-25-2001, 09:46 PM   #7
MorningSun
Elite Waterdeep Guard

*waves hand* Woman from MH here... lol
Old 10-25-2001, 10:24 PM   #8
Fonzie Forum Tyrant of MH
Dungeon Master

*Waves back* Tyrant, from MH here, you might remember me from such films as.... oh sorry thought I was Troy McClouer for a second there.

As I was saying I am the Tyrant and Resident badboy of the MH.

Hola Reeka you Evil temptress, blame IA(cloudy) and NAch for my being here they made me do it.
Old 10-25-2001, 10:46 PM   #9
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Fonzie Forum Tyrant of MH:
Hola Reeka you Evil temptress, blame IA(cloudy) and NAch for my being here they made me do it.
Oh, yeah...and you, of course, protested mightily.

Great post! Just as applicable now as then.

------------------
"In Memorium of those who are gone, and all those that bought our freedom with their hearts blood!"

"May the Colors of Liberty never run"
Old 10-25-2001, 10:54 PM   #10
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Dear Koth/Fonz,

I wish, as a mod of General Discussions, to extend a warm "Hi and Hello!" to you and wish you a warm welcome on behalf of Ironworks. We're so pleased you've joined us.

And thank you so much for that wonderful post. It rings true in every word. I have copied it and am saving it locally for my own perusal whenever I feel down.

(for those of you not familiar with Mithril Hall, Koth is one of the "Great Mods" there, so we are definitely thrilled to have him join here as well. )

Peace and blessings,

------------------

Patience, my BUTT...I'm going to KILL something!!!