Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-11-2004, 06:33 PM   #1
spydar

C'mon Mother Nature, give me a freaking break!

Yes I'm a winter person and I like the snow, but I need more than 15 hours a week to make rent and keep myself in food!
I work at the Calgary zoo, and my shifts keep getting cut short due to the 6 inches of snow we've got (and are still getting).

no real point to this post, just ranting.

Go flames...I guess
Old 05-11-2004, 06:38 PM   #2
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Well in Northern Alberta it is sunny and 12 C. But I did here that the south was getting bad weather and with your post I guess they were right. Sit tight for the next heat wave. I'm sure it will be along soon.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:46 PM   #3
Zero Alpha

Quote:
Originally posted by spydar:

Yes I'm a winter person and I like the snow, but I need more than 15 hours a week to make rent and keep myself in food!
I work at the Calgary zoo, and my shifts keep getting cut short due to the 6 inches of snow we've got (and are still getting).

Go flames...I guess
what do you do at the zoo? surely animals need looking after all the time, not just when the weather is good :s
Old 05-11-2004, 08:09 PM   #4
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Where do you live Spydar?

I'm just the opposite atm, it's too frikken hot here for Spring, feels like late July!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 05-11-2004, 08:12 PM   #5
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

I could only wish it was too hot here, Lady. It's not that cold which makes it worse, it's all slushy.

From what I can gather, spydar lives in Calgary, where I live too. Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on your choice of pro sports teams. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-13-2004, 02:38 PM   #6
spydar

Quote:
Originally posted by Zero Alpha:
quote:
Originally posted by spydar:

Go flames...I guess
what do you do at the zoo? surely animals need looking after all the time, not just when the weather is good :s [/QUOTE]I don't get to work with the animals (did you know that you have to apprentice to become a zookeeper and it can take 7 years?). I work at the food kioks all over the place, and most people don't want ice cream when it's snowing.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:25 PM   #7
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Ha, thats true! Well, I love it, its nice and warm, here. My sister has been swimming all week, and depending on my conscious about calculus homework, i might go for a dip, too. Well, later everyone.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:35 PM   #8
Animal
Gold Dragon

Beautiful here on the West Coast. The mountains still have some snow on them, the ocean is great and it's a comfortable 21 Celsuis.

Why does a man climb a mountain...becasue it's there. Why does it snow in Calgary...because it's there!
Old 05-13-2004, 11:34 PM   #9
spydar

damn mountains...we get freaky weather cause of em, shoulda just gone back up north, at least there it's predictable.
but the snows going now, and it's supposed to be alright for the rest of the week, so maybe I'll actually get some hours and be able to feed myself.