Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2005, 01:11 PM   #1
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

SPOILERS:

Bug number 1: My sorc had 63 hp and sacrificed 1 point in constitution (she had 17 constitution) while Irenicus drained her powers. When the dream was over, she had 126 hp for some reason (and 16 constitution as it should be). She cast a few skeletons in the dream and used a minor sequencer scroll (which can be cast once a day) that she found in a Kelsey quest.

Bug number 2: In the slums, I did the "Lilarcor-quest", but instead of getting Lilarcor, I got a useless ring. Strange.

Edit: And now after a whjile her hp went back to normal again.

[ 08-27-2005, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: el_kalkylus ]
Old 08-27-2005, 02:35 PM   #2
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
What mods do you have installed, and if it's more than Kelsey, are you sure you did them in the right order?

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 03:26 PM   #3
Brainless One
Zhentarim Guard

Can you give a more specific amount of game-time that it took until the health went back to normal?
-Brainless One
Brainless One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 04:33 PM   #4
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

It took a few minutes only for her hp to go back to normal. (I did not cast any tenser transformation)

Another bug: I have two sorces in my party. If they cast the same spell, one of them will do nothing, or try to hide in shadow or something.

I have Kelsey mod, Valen mod installed, and DungeonBeGone. and that assassin npc too, and Solafein mod. Installed in no particular order. Other than that, no more extra.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:25 AM   #5
Link
Jack Burton

Well, you know the golden rule don't you? First the official patch, then the Baldurdash fixpack, then any weidu mods, and then other mods. So I guess with installing "that assassin NPC" something got screwed up.
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 02:19 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

el_kalkylus, is this your first game since you made any changes to your setup? If so, the problem seems to be some serious intermod funkyness, but if not, the cause might be a corrupted savegame file.

About the sorcerer hiding in shadows: NPCs will sometimes randomly blurt out lines from their soundset, even if those lines don't make any sense, and especially if they're clones (Mislead, Project Image, or Simulacrum). Have Kelsey cast PI and you'll hear all about how sneaky Kelsey can set traps. This may have been what you saw.

If I had to make a diagnosis, I'd say the spells and items somehow got mislabeled. The name that should stand for Constitution Modifier pointing to Tenser's Transformation instead? (If you've got a save there, see if your THAC0 and AC change.) The name that shoul point to Lilarcor now indicates a ring? These are engine problems, and you might just be better off with a clean wipe and reinstall.
Old 08-28-2005, 03:23 PM   #7
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Ok thanks. I guess you are right. Best to reinstall. I never installed baldurdash fixpack, because I installed the patch before, and it said I couldn't install it.

Another thing that is bugging me a bit is the pathing in underdark. I have to show them the same way each time I want them to go somewhere far.