Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2007, 03:53 PM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hi all! My husband and I are planning to spend some more quality time together and trying to think of inexpensive things to do/places to go to achieve that. We will do some stay at home "dates" like watching a dvd or making a nice meal, but for getting out of the house nights or weekend days, we're trying to think of a few more things to do.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:24 PM   #2
Captain Obvious
Elminster

Penguin Bashing Champion Simon Champion Snakeman Champion
Picnics! go to some nice public garden or soemthing, take a bit of food, some bubbly and a blanket and spend an afternoon eating, drinking and being merry!
Old 07-01-2007, 05:02 PM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Hangin' with da homies in da park.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:17 PM   #4
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

You could go for walks someplace nice. Or even go to a big mall and walk around and look at stuff (doesn't mean you have to buy anything). Sometimes people watching can be just as fun as watching a silly reality show, just depends on where you go. You'd know what I mean if you ever visited D.C. at night. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 06:14 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Picnics in the park is a good one- we've got a small park nearby but I've only ever driven past it, so not sure what's there or what it is like in the evenings.

LOL, LZ, I love to windowshop even if I can't buy things, so we'll probably do that! Hubby suggested going someplace for a soda or tea and dessert sometime and chatting, enjoying the scenery or people watching too! LOL [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2007, 06:48 PM   #6
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
I have no idea what's in your area, but my first instinct is maybe a play at a community theater, if it's any good. Also, something lovely that I like to do is go to a coffee shop when there's a local musician playing. For the price of a cup of coffee you can sit and listen to someone performing.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 07:06 PM   #7
Arvon
Unicorn

My first date, with the to be wife, a long,long time ago was miniture golf.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Arvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 07:56 PM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I'd love to find a a theater that hubby would like. Most of the ones in our area are a little pricey so we'd do them a few times a year, maybe. Although there may be some I haven't heard of or checked out, it's a big area.

LOL, hubby and I like to play mini golf, don't know why I didn't think of that one! Thanks Arvon! Oh and congrats in order for the 'to be wife'? If so, congrats! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2007, 09:20 PM   #9
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I know it sounds terribly corny but walking is great as a method to spend quality time with someone. Go to your local walking/running track and just do a few laps. Early morning is a good time I found, as few people are there and you feel like you have the whole place to yourself.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:18 PM   #10
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

A number of the radio stations in our area put on local mini-concerts... blues on the mall, that kind of thing. For free (or close to it), you can go and enjoy some live music. Match that up with a picnic, and you've got an evening to remember. Match that up with a little something else and you've got a night to remember

Many of the cities around here do the same kind of thing. Concerts in the park, live performances, and so on.

Even our library puts things on. Granted, they're aimed at littler kids (than you guys [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] ), but who doesn't like seeing a juggler or magician?

There's even the benevolent idea... volunteer at a local soup kitchen or the like. Spend some quality time helping others out.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote