Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-22-2003, 05:40 AM   #41
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I think it's just that time of the year, when birds lay eggs, and computers crash.
Old 04-22-2003, 06:04 AM   #42
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
I think it's just that time of the year, when birds lay eggs, and computers crash.
I think my computer has the sars virus [img]graemlins/1drool.gif[/img] it keeps coughing up problems [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

Just had my 5 day old cd burner replaced, and seen as they did not have the same model in stock they give me the top of the range model as a replacement. I will try and fit it tonight.

It has now been 30 days without baldurs gate2 Giving up smoking would not be harder [img]tongue.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 04-22-2003, 06:11 AM   #43
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I spent more than 30 days without a computer, how's that for torture ?

Anyway, the old comp is fixed now, i got a new mainboard, but it's not the same as before, things have changed. I play NBA 2003 with full detail, and i never had problems with framerates, but since i have a new mainboard i can't use my full detail settings anymore. The game has gotten slow. So i set it back to medium detail settings and now it runs smooth again. But what could be the problem ? It can't be the mainboard i think, it was a more expensive one, and therefore probably better.

[ 04-22-2003, 06:12 AM: Message edited by: johnny ]
Old 04-22-2003, 06:30 AM   #44
wellard
Dracolisk

Sounds like hell Johnny

By the way what was the result of Fenyord V Ajax the other day?

Old 04-22-2003, 07:33 AM   #45
wellard
Dracolisk

G'day all

Well my new cd burner is installed, AND it's working! you can all stop the candlelight vigil. [img]tongue.gif[/img] the jukebox is currantly playing "journey- greatist hits" and BG2 and TOB is installed [img]graemlins/evillaughter2.gif[/img] now to down load some mods and updates [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

[ 04-22-2003, 07:39 AM: Message edited by: wellard ]

Old 04-22-2003, 07:46 AM   #46
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Good morning everyone (and good evening wellard) [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]
Glad to hear that wellard and johnny have their computers back, I know how much torture having no computer would be! Glad to see you're back, too, Stormymystic.
So, anyone ever have a best friend who you adored but had one habit that just drove you up the wall? My best friend is like a sister to me and we've been best friends since college (about 9 years now). However, she is OBSESSED with the TV show Buffy the vampire slayer. Now, I like the show in that I watch and enjoy it, but that's it. She however, well, it's ALL she ever talks about, every conversation, every email somehow relates to Buffy. While it makes it easy to get her birthday presents because all I have to do is find something Buffy related, it is driving me up the wall because I'm nearly 28 and would rather not spend all my time talking about and analyzing to death a TV show.

OK, venting done!! Thanks, that felt better to get it off my chest.

As I was saying... How's everyone doing today?
Oh, and is Mouse still around, or did Choc eat him, LOL

[ 04-22-2003, 07:48 AM: Message edited by: harleyquinn ]
Old 04-22-2003, 07:53 AM   #47
Donut
Jack Burton

Feeling a bit bored so I thought I'd drop in here to stir it up a bit, press a few buttons - you know!!

Not really, everything seems to be going swimmingly here best leave things as they are. I can sense a few people giving me the eyeball already.

Hey! Cloudy, have you learnt any cockney slang recently?

BTW, while I'm here, does anyone know who won the Weekly Wonder Award this week?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 04-22-2003, 08:00 AM   #48
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
I will have xp soon and was afraid my Planescape Torment wouldn't run on it. I've not played it yet and someone told me it has 'issues' with XP. Anyone know if that's the case?

*snicker* I think Vaskie is in Europe, Attalus. Don't quote me though...he delights in showing me up..he'd probably move downunder! LOL
Hmm, I think that the little black cloud that follows V. around (like Joe Blvspk) will be visible from weather radar. But, don't mind me, I am WAY grouchier than him. Just ask Galadria [img]tongue.gif[/img] ROOOAR!!! [/QUOTE]*sigh* little black cloud? Grouchy? Grouchy is a stupid word! I'm not grouchy, I'm only messing around, duh.
Old 04-22-2003, 08:02 AM   #49
Lioness
Jack Burton

Good morning all! [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img] *grabs waitress' apron and seats herself at the counter*

ah, it is good to have returned, if only for an unknown length of time...

Lord Kathen, Lord Starshadow, Kakero, Stormymystic, wellard, harleyquinn, I must confess I can not rememeber meeting you... [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] Hallo! A very very late welcome to the forums and the cafe! The fact that you have found CLoudy's shows good judgement and a certain amount of insanity at any rate. Please let me know if there is anything I can get you, as when I am here (which unfortunately has been less lately, being at school and all) I am waitress (coughandSpamPrincesscough) of this fine establishment. [img]smile.gif[/img]

But now, I must fly, for physics class calls... Alas, the life of a teenager is a tedious one... [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2003, 08:26 AM   #50
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
Sounds like hell Johnny

By the way what was the result of Fenyord V Ajax the other day?
You mean the cupmatch ? Feyenoord won 1-0. Not really a great match like the other semifinal (Utrecht-PSV), but at least Feyenoord went on to the finals.