Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 08-12-2005, 05:39 PM   #1
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

I confronted Brage and we fought, he lost, so I take his body back to Nashkel. I didn't know who to see first, so I chose the temple. The priest there said he would equal the bounty offered by Oublek. Problem is, I rx'd no money(at least there was no dialog prompt showing the amount). Now, I don't really need the money, but it would have been nice. No XP either(except for killing Brage). Normal?

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 06:35 PM   #2
mad=dog

The priest said he would match the reward if Brage is brought back alive. From your description he is very dead indeed so no reward from the priest. However he does say he will match Oubleks reward. Why not visit Oublek? He is the fat nervous dude outside the Nashkel barracks (near Minsc). Surely you'll get some money to wash the blood of your hands with.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:50 PM   #3
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Indeed there is a way to bring Brage back alive; it has something to do with the dialogue options you choose.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 03:57 AM   #4
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by mad=dog:
The priest said he would match the reward if Brage is brought back alive. From your description he is very dead indeed so no reward from the priest. However he does say he will match Oubleks reward. Why not visit Oublek? He is the fat nervous dude outside the Nashkel barracks (near Minsc). Surely you'll get some money to wash the blood of your hands with.
I don't appreciate the "blood money" remark. Brage demands you answer a riddle. I know the answer to the riddle because of 'previous knowledge'. So what I do is roll a 10 sided die and choose that response. If you do not give the correct response to the riddle, then Brage goes hostile and attacks the party. I don't consider defending yourself to be "blood money". Thank you.

I did visit Oublek. He said I had nothing for him, presumably because the priest took the body of Brage when I talked to him.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 07:46 AM   #5
mad=dog

I apologize. It was meant as a humourous remark and not jugdemental in any way. Regardless you do not have to kill everything hostile. It cannot be considered cruel to defend yourself with force, but retreat is always an option. The riddle is so easy that I don't think previous knowlegde disqualifies you from giving the correct answer. Perhaps rolling a d20 against the highest intelligence score would be better if you wish a randomized result from the encounter.
It would seem like a bug if the priest took the body without returning a bounty.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:39 AM   #6
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:

It would seem like a bug if the priest took the body without returning a bounty.
its not technically a bug because thats what the programmers intentded. happened in my game too. if you kill him you can only get reward from oublek.

of course one can argue that you should get at least some xp for it.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:50 AM   #7
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
The riddle is so easy that I don't think previous knowlegde disqualifies you from giving the correct answer. Perhaps rolling a d20 against the highest intelligence score would be better if you wish a randomized result from the encounter.
Just one more thing

If you want to rondomize result eflbane then mad=dog's idea is good.
however regardless whether riddle is easy or tough you can justify your previous knowledge by the character's previous knowledge. it is possible that even a low intelligence character has already heard this riddle from a monk in candlekeep for example and so knew the answer.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:31 PM   #8
thecarrotdude
Zhentarim Guard

I answered it correctly, and the preist said that he would exceed the reward given by oublek, but all I recieved was +1 reputation (i think) and maybe some exp. I didnt get any gold though.

[ 08-13-2005, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: thecarrotdude ]

"Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler..."
- Milton Waddams
thecarrotdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 04:52 PM   #9
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by thecarrotdude:
I answered it correctly, and the preist said that he would exceed the reward given by oublek, but all I recieved was +1 reputation (i think) and maybe some exp. I didnt get any gold though.
You get either 1000 or 2000 gold IIRC (been a while since I've done this). I believe it is 1000 gold, however.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 08:02 PM   #10
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
I've always returned him alive to the temple, and always gotten gold for it. Don't remember how much gold, though.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote