Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-04-2001, 12:20 PM   #1
Forzen-
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Okej, so I finaly got out and bought ToB. But now when I try to install it, it says that "you do not have SoA installed, installation is aborted".
Hmm, how odd, i played it last night.
Is this because I installed it on my second harddrive and then swiped OS on my primary hd?
If yes, then plz, is there a way to fix this?
i cant reinstall, coz my SoA refuse to install on my f**ked up OS version.
Plz help me, your my only hope.
Old 11-04-2001, 03:22 PM   #2
Lucre
Elminster

I have a problem like that but mine install ok but says Illegal error problem in MSXYVB.DLL or something annd does that about 3 more times and exits... thats after the config. !
Old 11-04-2001, 07:38 PM   #3
andrewas
Harper

first up, you say you cant install, but can you un-install. if you can then your probelms should go away. elswise read on:

you mean "swapped" OS, right? in that case then it should work. can you un-install BG? if not then at somepoint you killed your BG registry entries. on win 2000 and win XP some utilities do that and you need a patch from bioware.

you cant really repair the registry manually, youd need someone to go through theirs and get all the BG keys, and i think some of them change to reflect your hardware.

if you dont have 2000/XP then try to remove all BG keys from your registry (not all are important, but try and get them all anyway) and delete SoA. save your saves of course. then re-install from scratch.