Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-26-2001, 01:00 AM   #1
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Saw this as a completed BG2 mod, apparently compatible with ToB as well. Does anyone have any information on this mod, as in whether it "adds-in" to SoA or whatever?
Old 10-26-2001, 05:27 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

If TeamBG didn't have anything to do with it, I would be wary of downloading it. Just my 2c.

------------------
Old 10-26-2001, 05:43 AM   #3
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
If TeamBG didn't have anything to do with it, I would be wary of downloading it. Just my 2c.

It's true that TeamBG are the best. Other mods may not have the continuing dedicated support that TeamBG offer, although I wouldn't necessarily avoid other mods. Isn't Vaskez working on a mod for example? Just make a backup of your system and save copies of your override, portrait and save folders before downloading and installing ANY unofficial mods.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-26-2001, 10:04 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
It's true that TeamBG are the best. Other mods may not have the continuing dedicated support that TeamBG offer, although I wouldn't necessarily avoid other mods. Isn't Vaskez working on a mod for example? Just make a backup of your system and save copies of your override, portrait and save folders before downloading and installing ANY unofficial mods.

Vaskez is working on a mod, but he's using TeamBG tools and can leverage off their knowledge and expertise.

There have been incidents of virii and trojans like BackOrifice and SubSeven being deployed by having them embedded in mods by unscrupulous people. That's why being affiliated with TeamBG is kind of the "seal of approval" in terms of it being virii-free.

------------------
Old 10-27-2001, 01:14 AM   #5
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

OK, thanks for the warning - but it was on the TeamBG website.
Old 10-27-2001, 07:32 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Hayashi:
OK, thanks for the warning - but it was on the TeamBG website.
Then you can feel safe that it should do what it intends to do.

------------------