Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2002, 04:06 AM   #21
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Rokenn:
quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
And, as has been pointed out, there is growing dislike of Europeans among U.S. citizens. Sorry, I'm not gonna rush off crying.
There is a book that just came out recently that talks alot about our (US) relations with the Europe. With the main point being that our next great advisary will not be Islam, but the EU.[/QUOTE]There is just as much crap in that book, as in the one in the link i posted earlier in this thread. The nitwit that wrote that book used his ass instead of his brains.
Old 12-05-2002, 04:42 AM   #22
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Borvik:
Very interesting thread.
I too believe, that mostly it has to do with oil. Where it is not, it has to do with power politics as someone else stated before (I am not talking about the USA alone) - and then there is not really a difference inbetween. It will be difficult to convince me, that we send out our troops to restore peace and freedom to everyone. Why? Well I guess we would have to send the troops to far more places that would deserve this. There are countries in Africa having civil war for decades where millions of people have been killed by bombs, bullets, mines and starvation. What about former Yugoslavia? Ok, we sent troops there... They were armed with walkie talkies.

Another thing I'd like to say: Here in Germany you have to be very carful when criticizing american politics. In no time you risk to be accused of *antiamerikanismus* (I don't know if it can be translated). Don't get me wrong. They don't put you into jail for it or something like that. But if that happens, you'r in trouble and you have a lot to explain to the world...
Why this has to be? Do I have always to agree with american politics (or any other)?. And when I don't, why should't I have the right to express myself - it's all right I guess as long as I do it in the right way. And then: America and any other country still has the right not to care about [img]smile.gif[/img] (and as long as it's for my opinion that's exactly what will happen - me thinks)
Does this make us adversaries? [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img] I don't think so and I surely don't hope so!!!

P.S.: Sorry for my poor english but I hope I could explain myself. Just to make it clear... I don't have the intention to insult the americans. If I did I'm truly sorry!
Very interesting, and your english isn`t too bad

If you don`t agree with american politics, don`t express it here, admins/mods are all pro-american.

I don`t agree with them either for the record [img]tongue.gif[/img]
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 12-05-2002, 04:55 AM   #23
Borvik
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Scholarcs:

and your english isn`t too bad

Thank you [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm working on it (that's one of the reasons I'm here)

[ 12-05-2002, 04:56 AM: Message edited by: Borvik ]
Old 12-05-2002, 05:03 AM   #24
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Quote:
Thank you [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm working on it (that's one of the reasons I'm here)
hehe talking on the internet is a great way to learn another language

[ 12-05-2002, 05:04 AM: Message edited by: Scholarcs ]
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 12-05-2002, 05:04 AM   #25
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Very interesting thread.
I too believe, that mostly it has to do with oil. Where it is not, it has to do with power politics as someone else stated before (I am not talking about the USA alone) - and then there is not really a difference inbetween. It will be difficult to convince me, that we send out our troops to restore peace and freedom to everyone. Why? Well I guess we would have to send the troops to far more places that would deserve this. There are countries in Africa having civil war for decades where millions of people have been killed by bombs, bullets, mines and starvation. What about former Yugoslavia? Ok, we sent troops there... They were armed with walkie talkies.

Another thing I'd like to say: Here in Germany you have to be very carful when criticizing american politics. In no time you risk to be accused of *antiamerikanismus* (I don't know if it can be translated). Don't get me wrong. They don't put you into jail for it or something like that. But if that happens, you'r in trouble and you have a lot to explain to the world...
Why this has to be? Do I have always to agree with american politics (or any other)?. And when I don't, why should't I have the right to express myself - it's all right I guess as long as I do it in the right way. And then: America and any other country still has the right not to care about [img]smile.gif[/img] (and as long as it's for my opinion that's exactly what will happen - me thinks)
Does this make us adversaries? [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img] I don't think so and I surely don't hope so!!!

P.S.: Sorry for my poor english but I hope I could explain myself. Just to make it clear... I don't have the intention to insult the americans. If I did I'm truly sorry!
Of course you don't always have to agree with US politics, but a certain number of people ALWAYS seem to disagree with them, just because they are the US, and that doesn't make sense to me. They are not the enemy you know.
Old 12-05-2002, 05:13 AM   #26
Borvik
Drow Warrior

I agree with you Johnny.
Old 12-05-2002, 05:15 AM   #27
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Of course you don't always have to agree with US politics, but a certain number of people ALWAYS seem to disagree with them, just because they are the US, and that doesn't make sense to me. They are not the enemy you know.
If the US isn`t the enemy, no one is the enemy.
Old 12-05-2002, 05:35 AM   #28
Mordenheim
Elminster

is that right?

you got a big problem

[ 12-05-2002, 05:36 AM: Message edited by: Mordenheim ]
Old 12-05-2002, 05:45 AM   #29
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Scholarcs:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
If the US isn`t the enemy, no one is the enemy.[/QUOTE]I think it's time for you to open your eyes. What's the matter with you ? You got beat up by an American some time ago and you blame all of them ? I see plenty of enemies all around us, and the US isn't one of them.
Old 12-05-2002, 06:09 AM   #30
norompanlasolas

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
And, as has been pointed out, there is growing dislike of Europeans among U.S. citizens. Sorry, I'm not gonna rush off crying.
me too... lol... i guess its better if you stay on your side of the pond and we stay in ours no? after all, good ol' europe is the best place to live in the world.