Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-03-2001, 05:41 PM   #11
Lord Shield

Lord Muro - however, I will not be permitted to duel him - it's one of our rules - in fact....

In front of the group appears a 12' tall, horned suit of armour with a VERY large sword - yellow flames flicker behind the visor

Lord Shield and the knight circle each other

"GET TO THE TOWER - NOW!!!!!!!"

OOC: Do not try to hurt this guy - it will kill you - this is Lord Sword - the Old One of Offence

------------------
Lord Raptor's Site

Ironworks Dark General
BG2 Tavern Keeper
King of Pointlessness

Old 10-03-2001, 06:48 PM   #12
Encard
Quintesson

Plague and Encard stand in place for a moment, then take off, one running through the air, and the other flying through the air after him. They are followed by the remaining 12 vampires, who have turned inot various creatures. A single guard robot had been stationed in the path of Plague, who dodges a shot from the robot's laser rifle and strikes out with his flaming spear (of death), hitting near the small opening for the robot's fan/heat exhaust typ[e thing. The metal heats up from the flames on Plague's spear, and a portion of it melts and flows down, covering the opening. The robot, swiftly starts to overheat, and as its movements become slower, Encard hits it with a lightning bolt, causing a partial short circuit, and Plague hits it in the joint between its head and its body, causing some of the wires in there to massively over heat and melt, and the robot to collapse. The group keeps going every so often taking a little while to kill a weak guard (the outskirts only merit older models, apparently). As they get closer, however, Encard brings them to a halt, seeing that they shouldn't go much farther using a frontal assault type method. He thinks for a moment, then asks one of the vampires something, talks to him for a bit longer, and casts a fairly long and involved spell. THey move forward again, this time more quietly and with more stealth, and pass right by several groups of robots (Encard's spell was a version of Invisibility that is nearly impossible to detect). As they get pass the gates of the actual citidel, however, a plane red light suddenly flashes up and begins moving toward them. As it passes over them, an alarm goes off, and a extremely powerful detection ward goes off, pealing off the small group's illusions. Encard curses and tries to use a wand to zap them farther intot he citadel, but it doesn't work and the spell fizzles, as there are apparently wards set against magical transportation in the citadel by any intruders. Encard looks around, swiftly, seeing that the battle has already started, sess something that interests him, and begins digging in his bag for supplies. He pulls out several small gems, a miature platinum sickle, and a few other items, shouts the words of the spell, dodges aside, then screams, "GET BACK!" As the vampires and Plague look at him, look up to where he's looking, and then run back towards him, ENcard turns, hits the robot that has gotten to him with a lightning bolt, then moves a bit farther back. As the group of undead and Plague get to a few yards away from where Encard is, their pursuers only a few seconds behind them, the large, semi-cylindrical piece of metal that Encard used his spell to cut off from the top of one of the citadel towers (it looks like it might have been some sort of massive, tube-like bridge between the two towers) falls a few feet behind them, creating a barrier between the group and the robots. It won't last for very long, however, as they can already hear the robots melting it with their lasers, and the small and already somewhat hurt party frantically looks around for a way to get to the central tower which is their final destination in the citadel.

------------------
The Eternal ChAos-bringer of

HADB

CCCCCCcccccccHHHHHHHHhhhhhhAAAAAAAaaaaaaaOOOOOOOoo oooooSSSSSSSsssssss.............

[This message has been edited by Encard (edited 10-03-2001).]
Old 10-04-2001, 12:48 AM   #13
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

LIliara watches Bullvye as he walks away, her very nature makes her wary of this barbarian, but there is something about him that makes her feel at ease.
"No matter!" she thinks to herself, "we must get to the tower, and I must find Skye!"

She pulls the map that she recived from Shade from her pack. They were not far now. Luckily, the map included the underground passages. She decides that it will be safe to rest for the night, but in the morning they must go back into the tunnels and get to the tower. She waits for Bullvye to get back to see if he will be accompanying her or not.

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)

[This message has been edited by Liliara (edited 10-04-2001).]
Old 10-04-2001, 02:54 PM   #14
Lord Shield

Every now and then the island shakes as LS and, erm, LS battle each other. They seem to be enjoying themselves (well, the whole dimension is a laugh for them) and are not pulling their blows one ach other.

The guard robots outseide the tower are joined by a large robot built more like a tank which decides artillery shells are a chuckle

------------------
Lord Raptor's Site

Ironworks Dark General
BG2 Tavern Keeper
King of Pointlessness

Old 10-04-2001, 03:35 PM   #15
Neb
Account deleted by Request

The situation looked hopeless, the Drow had been joined by more vampires and ogres while they discussed which way to attack, Kharanax stood next to Kivan and asked him "Do you know the names of any of the ones you were travelling with before I got you here?" Thinking quickly, Kivan named one, "Encard, a mage." "Ah," said Kharanax, "A mage, his magical aura will make my spell easier, it will find him and bring us to him, I just hope he isn't in the middle of a battle." Kharanax quickly weaves the spell and the group dissapears from the area and reappear next to Encard, all their spells mysteriously rememorized and all their wounds healed, "What the hell happened?" Ben asks Kharanax, "Well," said Kharanax, "It would appear that the massive undirected magical radiation from the large amount of magical items that this mage carries has created a large Wild Surge which healed us, being this close to his magical radiation has also made three of my wands unstable, turned five of my potions to normal water and made two of my potions begin to boil." Kharanax calmly removes the two boiling potions and flings them away, when they hit the ground they explode.

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.
Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.
Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy
General of the highest class and Leader of the Legal Department in the IW Peacekeeping Force.
ORT member, Official Demander of Stuff.

"If Silence is golden, why does everyone talk so much?"
Old 10-04-2001, 05:25 PM   #16
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

OOC- *blink,blink* um, encard, im a bit confused... so is the group of vampyres FRIENDS, or are they ENEMIES? just wondering... yay, glad that the Bar is working too. Almost had a heartattack when I saw the thread closed. ^_^ and check out my new piccie. i like it better than the old one.. thanx Ziroc! ^_^*
--
IC: Skye and Lyulfe had wandered down twisty dark corriders when Lyulfe suddenly broke through Skye's thoughts. **Someone is ahead of us. Seems that they just finished a minor fight** Lyulfe thought to Skye, who looked up with interest. "Hey, it's Liliara. She has someone with her... hope it's not an enemy." Skye readied herself in preparation. **sigh. We need to work on our communication skills. You need to practice trying to think to me, it could be usefull in battles and other things. Besides, its annoying that you're being so stubborn and refusing to try any of your new abilities** Lyulfe thought peevishly. Skye snorted, as they approached Liliara, who seemed to be a little worn out from her recent battle. "Hope she's ok, and I wonder what happened to Shade?" Skye wondered.
--
OOC- weeell, that wuz a boring post... ^_^;; gotta wait for everyone to realize that the Bar is up and running, then it should get more interesting. btw, like i've said before. as much as i LOVE dragons, i really dont know anything about 'em. if anyone has info on song dragons, it'd be much appreciated. i wouldn't really like making up stuff bout Lyulfe just to have people tell me that the stuff is incorrect, or say im making him to strong or somethin... thanx! ^_^*

------------------
Quote:
What power would Hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of Heaven?
Princess of Blondeness, second only to Aerie, who is Queen of Blondeness.
Entertainer/idiot and Elven bard at the Bar.My Website!
Old 10-04-2001, 06:15 PM   #17
Encard
Quintesson

OOC: The vampires are currently allies, since LS sort of made them stop attacking (he appears to command the undead here).

IC: Encard looks up in surprise as several people suddenly appear around him. he says a quick greeting, then asks them if they have a good idea about how to get to Lord Muro's tower. The cylindrical bridge shudders as it is hit with an artillery shell.

OOC: I need some sort of an idea other than just using my wands to annihilate everything... Would you happen to have any?

------------------

HADB

CCCCCCcccccccHHHHHHHHhhhhhhAAAAAAAaaaaaaaOOOOOOOoo oooooSSSSSSSsssssss.............

[This message has been edited by Encard (edited 10-04-2001).]
Old 10-04-2001, 10:27 PM   #18
Encard
Quintesson

OOC: *sigh* Nanobyte, didn't I just say I was looking for an idea other than a wand? ifyou have any good ideas please say them, but I'd appreciate it if you didn't make posts like that again. It's irritating. Thanks.

IC: Encard looks around again, hoping one of the others has an idea. He hits a small, spiky, evil-looking robot coming up out of one of the other buildings with a lightning bolt, and keeps looking.

------------------

HADB

[This message has been edited by Encard (edited 10-04-2001).]
Old 10-04-2001, 10:57 PM   #19
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Spells, staves.. Potions.. Anything that a normal Mage/Wizard possesses.
Old 10-04-2001, 11:07 PM   #20
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Making his way back up the steps, Shade checks before entering. He wields his Chaotic Cleaver in one hand and Dagger of Venom in the other. He slips through the narrow opening of the door, and makes his way towards the Lich. Standing behind the Undead Mage, the Assassin raises his two blades.. To his surprise, the swords pass right through the Lich. The Undead Mage lets out a maniacal laugh, ending the glory with a short snicker. "Foolisst Elfth! You thought I woulth remain toth watsh over the Sacreth Blathe! I haff deparsted to thi Afterliphe! Do noth.." Turning his back to the hologram, the Elf looks through the shelves for the Book, and quickly leaves the room with the two artifacts. *The man DID never shut up..*