Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-19-2001, 12:46 AM   #1
Arduin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I havent been able to connect to bgdungeon.com for some days now.
Does anyone know if it is forever gone?

------------------
Arduin
Traveller of the Sword Coast
Old 06-19-2001, 12:48 AM   #2
deathspawn
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Arduin:
I havent been able to connect to bgdungeon.com for some days now.
Does anyone know if it is forever gone?

gone
Old 06-19-2001, 01:14 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

The Tavern's been shut down for quite some time now. I thought the site itself was still open...guess not.

------------------
Old 06-19-2001, 08:01 AM   #4
Sigmar
Unicorn

Damn shame, it was a good site.

------------------
Sigmar has only one foe,
and he is Tiax!
Old 06-19-2001, 08:23 AM   #5
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

I went over there and had a look just the other day. Didnt have any problems.
I think it was about a month or so ago they were down for a couple weeks but they got back up and running so I dont know what the deal is.

Yep very good site. I knew about them before i knew about Ironworks. Now that I DO know about Ironworks I never go anywhere else

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2001, 08:31 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

BG Dungeon was Myth Drannor, Ironworks is Silverymoon.

------------------
Old 06-19-2001, 08:49 AM   #7
Grojlach
Zartan

Okay, here's the deal...
BGDungeon closed down his message board during the second part of March because it became too massive; there weren't enough moderators to check every single thread and there were countless trolls active on it; sad but true And the worst part of it all was that BGDungeon was the only administrator of the board, so he was the only one to deal with most of the problems... And due to a lack of time and interest he didn't really care much for it anymore... For example, when the server got too full and the board was simple said unreachable, it took several days before he showed up to delete thousands of old threads. Shortly after that, he closed it down, and few weeks after that, the site completely disappeared for a month or so, I think he was completely fed up with everything and stopped paying the monthly bills for it. After that, the site reappeared, only to disappear again; it's gone now for a week or so, but I'm doubting the site will ever return again. And even if it will, I don't think he will set up a messageboard again, or else only on a very small basis. BGDungeon is something of the past now and we need to move on.

Anyway, as a former member of BGDungeon, are there old BGD members here desperately looking for someone they've met over there? I've got a good idea of where most of the regular members went, so ask away...
Old 06-19-2001, 09:45 AM   #8
MidNightForce
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hmm really bad thing... i loved this site... WTF should i find now something about drizzt do'urden i think they had a section about him, and an excellent item data base, which i coulnt find anywhere else. Do you know sites that have one of these 2 things? I will miss bgdungeon...

------------------
Night is not always that, what you think...
Old 06-19-2001, 10:13 AM   #9
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Although i was never a member and never posted on any of the boards there it really was a great site. When i got stumped on parts of the game Id take a quick look at the walkthrough. They had some really good hints and tricks.

But hey!!!! NOW Im walkin on the SILVERYMOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Waaaaaaaaahhhhhooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2001, 10:27 AM   #10
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
Anyway, as a former member of BGDungeon, are there old BGD members here desperately looking for someone they've met over there? I've got a good idea of where most of the regular members went, so ask away...

I know quite a few who Retreated to Evermeet (Elysium).

------------------