Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2001, 06:32 PM   #1
FFTanier
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Anomen just got ticked off and left my party. Now I have me (fighter), Minscy (and Boo), Imoen, Nalia, and Aerie. My choises for replacements appear to be Mazzy, Edwin, or Valygar. (I've let some of the NPCs die)

Who should I pick? Oh, here is where I am in the story:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-SPOILERS
Just smoked Bodhi. She killed Aerie but I went to Umar Hills and brought her back. I lose Anomen due to a glitch that kept his quest from running. I'm ready to bring that lantern to Elf Town and go after Jonny I.
Old 06-06-2001, 06:34 PM   #2
Shadowblade
The Magister

You let NPCs die! couldn't you just resurect them. You should only ever let Nalia die (cringe)

------------------
Give me all your sweetcorn. NOW! I'll snatch it from your dead body. Aghhh you severed my head

'The last words of the famous sweetcorn eater, Asmodeus Shadowblade'
Old 06-06-2001, 07:08 PM   #3
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Pick up Jaheira for a replacement Cleric/fighter or rather druid

------------------
Old 06-06-2001, 07:17 PM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Yup, Jaheria gets my vote too, if not, Valygar.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 06-06-2001, 07:18 PM   #5
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

I like CLUAConsole = Ten Nalias

Then CTRL + Y and BOOOOOOOOOOOM!

------------------

Greetings Mortals. My Name Is Wah, Arch Lich Wah.
Old 06-06-2001, 07:19 PM   #6
Ravana
Dungeon Master

A druid would round out your party nicely, especially as you already have ample mages and tanks. An extra healer/tank i.e Jaheira would go well with your group, if she is dead and you have no intention of resurrecting her then Cernd might be the way to go. IMO, a character with druid abilities should always be with the party, to help out with support/healing spells and to counterbalance your cleric, or half-cleric since its Aerie .
If you dont want a druid, or feel a healer is unnecessary-then Mazzy/Valygar is the way to go.I wouldnt recommend Edwin as you already have enough mages and
/
/
/
/
*spoiler* Minsc and Edwin do not get on. Eventually they will fight each othr and you will lose one. Besides Edwin is a A$$hole anyway .
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
Who you chose out of Mazzy and Valygar depends-to a certain extent-on the weopon proficiencies you have given your PC and NPCs. Hope that helps.
Old 06-06-2001, 07:20 PM   #7
Ravana
Dungeon Master

A druid would round out your party nicely, especially as you already have ample mages and tanks. An extra healer/tank i.e Jaheira would go well with your group, if she is dead and you have no intention of resurrecting her then Cernd might be the way to go. IMO, a character with druid abilities should always be with the party, to help out with support/healing spells and to counterbalance your cleric, or half-cleric since its Aerie .
If you dont want a druid, or feel a healer is unnecessary-then Mazzy/Valygar is the way to go.I wouldnt recommend Edwin as you already have enough mages and
/
/
/
/
*spoiler* Minsc and Edwin do not get on. Eventually they will fight each othr and you will lose one. Besides Edwin is a A$$hole anyway .
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
Who you chose out of Mazzy and Valygar depends-to a certain extent-on the weopon proficiencies you have given your PC and NPCs. Hope that helps.
Old 06-06-2001, 08:02 PM   #8
FFTanier
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the help so far and I welcome other opinions. Jaheria died while I was still in Jonny I's dungeon in Chapter 1, I reformed her out of the party before I thought of the ressurrection option. I figure that I'm pretty mage'd up, and Anomen's role will be missed.

I guess my secondary question: Is Aerie enough of a cleric to get me through what's ahead, not just as a healer but as a Protection from Evil/Holy Smite caster?
Old 06-06-2001, 08:31 PM   #9
Gargoyle
Manshoon

Take Mazzy, shes severley underated, equip her with a bow and she'll knock anything to kingdom come, shes a superb long range fighter and should be very helpful as you appear to be very thief and magic strong.

------------------

Time is only relevant if you have none !
Old 06-06-2001, 11:36 PM   #10
Volourn
Manshoon

Korgan = superbashing