Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2002, 07:20 AM   #1
Dragis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Can some one tell me the machanics behind proficienses? And since the half-lings profile says they are skilled with slings does that give them a prof. in slings with out puting one into missle?

Off topic but i have one more ques. does Joesphs greenstone ring that u get in the second lvl of the Naskal mines have any signifagance or is its only use money I only ask cause usally when u find an item with a name on it you do something with it.
Dragis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 07:39 AM   #2
Billy Yank
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Dragis:
Can some one tell me the machanics behind proficienses? And since the half-lings profile says they are skilled with slings does that give them a prof. in slings with out puting one into missle?
No, they get a +1 with slings (or +2?), but proficiency penalties still apply.

Quote:
Off topic but i have one more ques. does Joesphs greenstone ring that u get in the second lvl of the Naskal mines have any signifagance or is its only use money I only ask cause usally when u find an item with a name on it you do something with it.
Break into the southernmost house in Nashkel and talk to the women there.
Old 11-20-2002, 08:05 AM   #3
Myrddin L'argenton
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:

I would think that the Halflings bonus with slings counts as this.
White wild magic graven in every rock, for the white gold wielder to unleash or control. The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant<br />\'Let no man be unworthy of the angel that watches over him.\' Steven Donaldson<br />Accept who you are.<br />Lord Paladin of the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart.<br />Walkthrough-online\'s new site<br />[url]\"http://forums.clankiller.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://forums.clankiller.com</a>
Myrddin L'argenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 08:13 AM   #4
Dragis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Are u talking about the house with the two women one of witch is sleeping and has two locked chest in it?
Old 11-20-2002, 08:22 AM   #5
andrewas
Harper

Fighters get one prof point per 3 levels.

Clerics & theives got one every four.

Mages get one every 6.

Or something like that. Anyway, fighters and mages are right. Also nobody but a fighter can get more than one poin in a weapon, and only pure fighters get past 2.

The bonuses for proficiency points are given in the manual.
Old 11-20-2002, 08:35 AM   #6
Grungi
Banned User

so when i hit lvl9 i should finally get 5 proficieny points?

start with 2

lvl 3 + 1

lvl 6 + 1

so lvl 9? i hope so, been waitin ages [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 08:38 AM   #7
I wish my name was Baggins
Elminster

It took me forever to figure out what to do with that gemstone ring....mainly because unless I went over the bridge I never went farther south than the windmill.
Old 11-20-2002, 09:49 AM   #8
Dragis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Please can some one tell me what kind of bonuses and penailtys u get for having or not having aproficency. and what additional bounuses dou get for 2-5 slots in a wepon? i dont have a manual for this game so thats why i ask.
Old 11-20-2002, 06:56 PM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Link in my sig
For Racial weapon bonuses: Chapter 3
For Weapon proficiencies in general: Chapter 7
Old 11-20-2002, 10:52 PM   #10
Billy Yank
The Magister

Quote:
Are u talking about the house with the two women one of witch is sleeping and has two locked chest in it?
Yes I think that's it.