Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2002, 11:21 AM   #1
Vedran
Lord Soth

Is there anything that could turn off item stacking limit and mutual excluding of rings/amulet/cloak of protection. As Ease-of-Use does for BG2.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 05:53 AM   #2
Grungi
Banned User

i asked that about the mutual excluding cos i want to wear all the nice rings and amulets i get
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 06:43 AM   #3
Jan

You could create your own kick ass rings/amulet/cloak and stuff [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

Problem solved .
Old 11-06-2002, 11:50 AM   #4
Grungi
Banned User

how do i do that then? ...problem beginning? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 06:52 AM   #5
Vedran
Lord Soth

Go to TeamBG and download some stuff (Infinity Explorer, IEEP, NearInfinity, ShadowKeeper ) There are some tutorials as well.
Old 11-07-2002, 07:17 AM   #6
Jan

Beats me but download the stuff Vedran just mentioned. Seacrh the SoA forum. I have seen lots of posts about creating your own items.

Might be funny creating own items. If just I knew how to do it (wouldn't be at work today then) [img]graemlins/laughsaywhat.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2002, 10:19 PM   #7
Billy Yank
The Magister

I made a little mod that sets all missile weapons to a stack limit of 40:

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2xvw6/missile.zip

Just unzip it into your override directory.

You could also try some of the mod sites like Arundor's Abode:

http://arundor.cjb.net/

There's some bags of holding there that make stack limits on jewelry moot.
Old 11-08-2002, 07:32 AM   #8
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

I haven't looked, but I think there's some mutual exclusivity hard-coded into the game to prevent the wearing of multiple rings/amulets. If you create an item of that kind, I don't think you can remove the problem of limited usability within the IEEP parameters.

Thinking about it, I don't have a clue as to where that part of the game code might reside...
Old 11-08-2002, 09:41 AM   #9
Vedran
Lord Soth

Thanks, Billy Yank, But I haven't found such mods on Arundel's Abode itself, and I have no means to search the net (surfing is expensive).

Lord Brass, I learned what is going on:
I saved some club, using Inf. Explorer, as AMUL14 (Amulet of Protection) and spawned it. A character was able to equip it and a normal Ring of Prot.
Then I saved Pearl Necklace (just for selling, as you know) as AMUL14, as well. Character wasn't able to equip it and the mentioned ring.
It seems that the game checks if the code of the item is AMUL14, RING06, RING07, RING25, CLCK01 or various armors; and forbidds equipping more than one. But it also takes care in what slot the item is. So it is hard-coded.
How to remove such a thing? Simple name change (RING07 to XRING07) and spawning would do it, but it is not as good solution as removing would be.
Old 11-08-2002, 09:55 AM   #10
I wish my name was Baggins
Elminster

Am I the a$$hole here when I wonder why all of this is necessary??? After all BG1 is not THAT difficult. And really if you play your game smart and use the gear in the game well then you can create regular joe characters into absolute bad a$$es.