Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 10-22-2002, 06:09 AM   #1
Grungi
Banned User

something i wonder if people have tried, these two come as a pair, but what if you deliberately get minsc killed just so you can have dynaheir in your party does that work or would she leave if he died? (maybe run him into sirines to get him dire charmed so party hacks him up or just remove all his armour and run him into a bunch of kobolds, ignominious way to go [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 07:24 AM   #2
Billy Yank
The Magister

Adventuring without Minsc and Boo? Blasphemy!!

That's one of the ways to split up a pair. The other is to put the one you don't want into a house that you don't need to enter again, then remove that person from your party. If they can't walk to you and give their "leaving speech", the other person won't leave the party.
Old 10-22-2002, 09:04 AM   #3
Keraptisdm
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Grungi:
something i wonder if people have tried, these two come as a pair, but what if you deliberately get minsc killed just so you can have dynaheir in your party does that work or would she leave if he died? (maybe run him into sirines to get him dire charmed so party hacks him up or just remove all his armour and run him into a bunch of kobolds, ignominious way to go [img]smile.gif[/img] )
I prefer the more humane method mentioned by Billy Yank. Sending him naked, into a group of kobolds: That method will cause a debate between Mr. Baggins and Lord Brass that will last well into the night.
Keraptisdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 09:41 AM   #4
Jan

Baah just send the one on an one-way mission [img]graemlins/evillaughter2.gif[/img] .

Leaving someone in a house and then remove him/her from the party in order to avoid the speech is like cheating but do as you will [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

[ 10-22-2002, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: Jan ]
Old 10-22-2002, 10:20 AM   #5
I wish my name was Baggins
Elminster

A debate long into the night indeed...To be honest I also feel that the "leave them in a room" plan is a cheesy one because it is not something that we would do if such a presentation arose if we were in that situation. I can see it now......Hey, that girl we are hanging out with is hot but her boyfriend is a jealous prick. Wait!!! I have an idea. Let's walk into that house over there and then walk out after we tell him to stay put and then we will never have to deal with him again as long as we never go back inside that house again. Hey great idea but I have a question? What's that? Who's house is that and what are they going to say about the sudden addition of an overbearing jerk to the family? Who cares as long as we do not go back in then it isn't our problem. Great let's go hit a pub with the chick. Right on.......What a solution to the problem of splitting up pairs...NOT!!!!
Old 10-22-2002, 12:07 PM   #6
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

You actually can let the NPC talk to you, just make sure you have the pair split up(one inside, one outside). First time one if them speaks thay will will both leave you but then you can pick up the one you want and the other will not join you so you can pick them up and drop them as you please as long as they are both not in your party.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 12:11 PM   #7
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well is it cheating? With all the troubles in Naskel what is the matter with leaving an NPC in the werehouse near the mines, or the inn in Naskel to watch for any more signs of trouble as the rest continue to look for the source. It is only cheating depending on the limits of your imagination.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 12:22 PM   #8
ryaldin
Elminster

yeah, buy how often do you leave a party member to watch over the mines with no armour, no sword, no bow, no weapons of any kind, no cloaks, boots, bracers, rings, amulets, potions, and as broke as the day he/she was born?
Old 10-22-2002, 02:05 PM   #9
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by ryaldin:
yeah, buy how often do you leave a party member to watch over the mines with no armour, no sword, no bow, no weapons of any kind, no cloaks, boots, bracers, rings, amulets, potions, and as broke as the day he/she was born?
Have you been spying on me whilst I play Baldur's Gate, ryaldin? (I wouldn't mind, but more often than not it's my character that gets left behind.)
Old 10-23-2002, 05:53 AM   #10
Grungi
Banned User

nah none of its cheating its called "creative party management" and xan is doing okay now, his ac is only 1 not bad for a mage and with his sword he can wade in and do some damage, havent even got round to using most of his spells yet [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote