Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2001, 06:02 PM   #1
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Towards the very end of IWD/HoW/TotL I decided to jack my game up from normal to Hard Mode. I was wondering if anybody played it on Insane Mode and how much different it was from the Hard Mode. Thanks.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 01:48 AM   #2
Mordar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Insane is just a little harder than hard. How obvious. But when you change from insane to heart of fury, yes, you experience a difference. Anyway, even when you have a party of 4 and share all that experience, the insane mode should be easy. If you gathered all the experience from HoW and ToL and some of that even in the hard mode you should be rather invincible even when fighting insane monsters. Give it a try!

I had a party of two level 30 members at the middle of HoW and did heart of fury from there to the end of IwD. Shame that you can't level up after level 30. All that experience wasted! But when my companion died, I killed so much just after that, that I got level up to level 31! Just a little bug if you ask me, Interplay.
Mordar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 04:04 AM   #3
TheDutkanator

You can get rules packs to enable leveling up to level 40 or 50. If you can't find the rules pack on the Ironworks site, try http://www.TeamBG.com

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:
"I'm sorry, did I kill you?" -TheDutkanator
TheDutkanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 11:50 AM   #4
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by TheDutkanator:
You can get rules packs to enable leveling up to level 40 or 50. If you can't find the rules pack on the Ironworks site, try http://www.TeamBG.com

Is it safe to use? Things like that aren't endorsed by Interplay or Black Isle. Have you used it? Any reports on messing up one's game or computer? Thanks.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 04:12 PM   #5
Mordar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Wow, those rules make me fighter/thief level 41/10 and my fighter/cleric 36/40!! I really need to find that level 50 rule thingy
Mordar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2001, 04:11 PM   #6
Blade
Emerald Dragon

I have used it, or its equivilants from TeamBg for The original Baldurs Gate and Baldur's Gate 2, and Throne of Bhall it didn't affect the gameplay and I have beeten all of them. Although i haven't tried it with Icewind Dale yeat I'm shure it wount destroy the game. But you have to reinstall it with every patch i think but am not shure about that part.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 10:15 PM   #7
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

im playing it right now, and all it is is a but load more monsters.

------------------
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2001, 11:08 AM   #8
Sir Moosington
Dungeon Master

Heart of Fury mode is really, really tough. Basically there are more monsters, doing more damage, with lower THACO's and loads more hitpoints. Goblins with 50-60hps, lizard men 100hps+ etc.

On the plus side even one goblin is worth 2300exp - if you manage to kill it. If anyone has finished the game in this mode, starting from 1st level without using dalekeeper, you have my utmost respect.

------------------
Supreme executive power comes from a mandate from the masses, not some farcical aquatic ceremony
Sir Moosington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2001, 08:02 PM   #9
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

ok, i tried this for around ten reloads, before i stopped. i tried to play heart of fury, at level one, starting at the beginning. i honestly dont think it can be done. its just too damn hard. but i tried, lol

------------------
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 04:07 PM   #10
DEADMAN
Manshoon

Never tried this mode with a brand new party. PPlaying through it now, but my party has gone through the game once already and this prving to be fun because of the challenge.
DEADMAN is offline   Reply With Quote