Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-03-2001, 10:22 AM   #1
daan
Silver Dragon

Hey @ all,
I've been trying to kill fiirkraag fairly for the 7th time now ..
(no cloudkill out of sight-cheese)
My party has an average lvl of 10/11 .... but ... this is IMPOSSIBLE !!!! >
I tryed to bring down its defences with doom and greater malison, but then it still has Magic Resistance, i tryed summoning beasts , but when i summoned 5 more beasts for the 8th time, he was only "injured", and that fire-breath thingie doesnt run out ...
i tryed giving all an AC of -8 to -14 through magic, still getting hit,
tryed
bless/protectionfromevil/2X -2 AC/holymight/hast/80% protectionfromfire

that got him to badly injured.. but.. my party was dead

Am i just to weak to fight Fiirkraag yet ?
i defeated the shadowdragon ....
Old 09-03-2001, 10:39 AM   #2
Gedd
The Magister

try lower resistance / harm.

Firt I cast lower res twice and then attacked one tank at a time. This gets over his wing buffet as you can always send the next tank to melee against him (seems to distract him) and you can heal injured tanks (potions). Then breach if he got spell protections and then lots of magic missile/ring of the ram/cone of cold/kitchen sink. I found poison and acid spells work nicely aswell (i.e. priest spell poison, melfs acid arrow).
I also had a couple of summons for extra distraction and lots of fire resistance/charm resistance magic. IMHO good AC doesnt really help against him.

------------------
none shall pass...
Old 09-03-2001, 10:40 AM   #3
Gedd
The Magister

oh yeh...and once you have lowered resistance get Jaheira/priest to try harm on him. If that works you'll do it in about 10 seconds.
Old 09-03-2001, 11:21 AM   #4
Gedd
The Magister

one other thing i though of..(i read this tip in another thread somewhere..)
place your characters evenly around him not all in front. This helps against his breath weapon..
Old 09-03-2001, 11:45 AM   #5
Sir Moosington
Dungeon Master

The only way I got it to work was to spread out all my characters to reduce the breath effect. Cast stoneskin on all the mages, haste and resist fear on the whole group. Then hit him with as many breach and magic missiles as you can while your fighters tear into him from several directions. Minor spell sequencer is handy if you rest before the fight (use it for two more magic missiles). If your mages are not high enough level to cast breach then it's going to be a long uphill struggle.

Its basically a fight against time - can you bring him down before he does too much damage. He tends to concentrate on individuals so sometimes you can lead him round by the nose while everybody else keeps spellcasting. I didn't bother with summoned creatures because they waste valuable spellcasting time and one death spell and their history.
Old 09-03-2001, 12:27 PM   #6
daan
Silver Dragon

Fiirkraag doesnt have any protective spells to breach when i fight him,
he just likes to wiggle his wings, and cast fire-balls on my mages ..
ONE fireball finishes Edwin, another finishes Jan Janssen,
I die L(