Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-17-2001, 12:59 PM   #1
Jim
Quintesson

I've tried searching for a solution to this question, but 60000+ messages causes my connection to CGI time out.

When meeting Glaicus in the central part on the second floor of Nalias Keep, he talks about his new master and his magic showing him the way before turning hostile and attacking you (so he's been charmed). I've heard that you can counter charm/dominate him and talk to him to bring him to his senses and spare his life to earn 25000XP and he gives you the flail head. I've tried this time and time again with domination/charm person/dire charm and can suceeded in charming him, but when I talk to him I get the usual message about charmed creatures cannot talk of their own free will. When the charm expires he turns hostile. I wondered if anyone had managed to pull this off successfully???
Old 08-17-2001, 01:04 PM   #2
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

I´d like to hear that, too. *grumble*...one day of my life I spent on trying to charm him that will never come back. I´s playing an extremely good-aligned party, so I didn´t dare kill him.

------------------
Calvin the bold the malt beer lord is back!
Old 08-17-2001, 01:14 PM   #3
Lord Shield

I tried for hours to charm or Dispel that enchantment - no luck at all! I'm starting to think this so-called counter-charm thing is a load of knacker-sacks

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
Lord Raptor's Site

Old 08-17-2001, 01:15 PM   #4
fckoln
Dungeon Master

I wonder if he is a paladin... If so he could be turned by an evil cleric... Wonder if that would work.

I just always whacked him, never heard that you could spare him - that would have fit me party's alingment as well.
Old 08-17-2001, 09:22 PM   #5
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Well, I managed to bring him to his senses, but that was a loooonngg time ago (relatively, of course ).
Iirc what happened was that he turned red, attacked me and so my party attacked him and caused some damage. Then Jaheira cast charm on him and that dispeled whatever enchantment he was under.
Old 08-18-2001, 06:18 AM   #6
Mel
The Magister

As far as I can remember, there is a bug which means that the script to make him speak to you when charmed never actually works. I did read somewhere how to make him speak, but I think he still goes hostile, but you do get the experience for not killing him (I think).
IIRC, he turns neutral for about 1 second, then green. I think you must attack him just before he goes neutral to get him to speak (but only attack him once). It's tricky but soemhow I managed to get it to work. As soon as I find the website I'll correct this if it turns out to be wrong.
Good luck

P.S- Found the website. Try this address http://gamespot.com/gamespot/faqs/bg2.txt
You will have to search the page a lot because believe me when I say that it is BIG. Excellent guide though.

[This message has been edited by Mel (edited 08-18-2001).]
Old 08-22-2001, 10:15 AM   #7
ecob16
Dungeon Master

When i got to this part of the level i tried charming him but i could not get him to go blue so i killed him i got his stuff but since im good i didnt like that path so i charmed him then got two priests (aerie and jaheira i think)and if you time it right to get one of them to dispel magic and the other to cure light wounds just after hes turned red should turn him blue, alternatively if that is too tricky you could cast hold person and then cure light wounds. i havnt tried this but it should work and should be easier especially if youve only one magic caster
Old 08-22-2001, 10:22 AM   #8
Redblueflare
Galvatron

I think i've tried charming him too. I didn't work though, and i didn't feel like casting greater malison and all that. So I just killed him. You can do that without any sort of penalty. Nalia didn't seem to have a problem with it.

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.