Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-14-2000, 03:48 AM   #1
Cantrell Staley

I've gone outside of the sphere to get the demon heart, but the damn tanari is just near impossible to beat. He's immune to magic and every time I get him down to near death it seems like my guys stop hitting him. Any strategies for beating this guy?

Old 12-14-2000, 04:03 AM   #2
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hit him harder! LOL sorry.. Hmm, well I pounded away at him real good taking out all his little friends first and let Keldorn fight him awhile before everyone could team up against the big bad dude and evetually he fell..
Old 12-14-2000, 04:09 AM   #3
Jaxonite

Make sure that before you go outside, that you have Protection from Evil cast on the party. This will make you near impossible to hit for the Demons.

When you encounter one of the Taanari, have your mages cast either Lower Resistance, or Resist Magic on the demon. Bless is a good idea for the plusses it brings for the party and the negative effects on the opponent. If your clerics are high enough, have them cast Holy Bolt, Holy Smite ( a lower spell, but effective )or any other spell that affects evil/demonic creatures. Once the Lower Resistance takes effect, whack em with sequencers loaded with Magic Missiles (they take full damage if they get through the resistance.)

Of course if you happen to have a Paladin w/Carsomyr, why not let him get righteous on 'em!

Hope this helps!

Old 12-14-2000, 05:28 AM   #4
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

hmm... how come when i send my skeleton warriors and my air elementals, they win while i just watch at the back using the wizards eye? nice tactic eh? GL
PS: Sorry for the short message but im just tired
Old 12-14-2000, 09:44 AM   #5
Cantrell Staley

Hey Jaxonite, thanks for the advice. Your strategy worked like a charm, I beat that demon like a little pansy.