Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-17-2001, 03:06 PM   #1
MageSlayer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Any strategies on how to defeat Firkragg would be appreciated. My crew is still somewhat green (I have a 1/2 Orc, NG, fighter who is around 10th level), but I felt it "unheroic" to leave Firkragg there knowing he still planned to eventually kill Garren. Is a red dragon just out of my league right now, or has anyone found an effective way to take him out with a crew of this level?

Many thanks
Old 09-17-2001, 03:34 PM   #2
Terence The Unspecial
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by MageSlayer:
Is a red dragon just out of my league right now, or has anyone found an effective way to take him out with a crew of this level?

Many thanks
I bet that with a couple lower resistance spells and a sh*tload of summoned creatures, you would be able to take him on. he would waste his spells on the cannon fodder and then you could hit him with lower resistance and some other attacks.

I have noticed that the dragons don't seem to have much natural resistance to lightning bolts, and cone of cold is a good choice against a red dragon.

Im sure you have already figured out that potions of fire resistance or scrolls and spells that grant fire resistance are a good idea.
Old 09-18-2001, 10:03 AM   #3
YeRFDoG
The Magister

On my second attempt, i cast two lower resists, one greater malison (i think so...) and a finger of death, which killed in a minute or so. Also make sure your fighters don't let him touch your mage/s.
Note that your fighters will be useless against him, althoug they shouldn't be killed too easily, due to their high hp (compared to mages)

------------------
........And in the darkness bind them......
Old 09-18-2001, 11:55 AM   #4
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

I think that was still a lucky shot with 10th level chars. One note to remember is that after you cast your lower resist. and gr. malison, you can also cast the preist spell doom for an added kick.
Old 09-18-2001, 12:54 PM   #5
PoesRaven
Manshoon

I posted a while ago about this subject.

I got Yoshimo to plant lots of traps around the dragon, cast greater mallison, haste, chaotic command, protection from fire, and summoned some nasty critters to erngage him hand-to-hand while i sat back and wasted him with bows, x bows, slings and magic attacks.
Old 09-18-2001, 01:41 PM   #6
Artemis Entreri
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Down w/ firkraag. I beat him (magespells) w/ 3 lower resistance, chained magic missiles plus 4 more missles. cleric poison, remove magic for his haste and stoneskin and animal and monster summonig2 and aerial servant w/ a thief and two fighters fighting
Old 09-18-2001, 03:54 PM   #7
Foobootoo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I did it by takin Edwin, Jan and Airie. Stay out of sight of the dragon and then pounce him with atleast 11 cloudkills ALL AT ONCE. If you do them one after another he will just regenerate himself. Get Aerie to cast Arieal Servent or whatever to lure him away from your party.