Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-05-2001, 05:06 AM   #1
Alxcypher
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am having trouble with the Umber Hulks. How do I beat them?
Old 09-05-2001, 05:12 AM   #2
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Alxcypher:
I am having trouble with the Umber Hulks. How do I beat them?
hulks, huh? shield of harmony, as a reward for druid grove quest, can protect you from many negative attacks. also, potion of clarity, many mind spells, they all help

charm the hulks to fight for you as well. (charm works perfectly) that ring of human influence can help you out here... oh, no, we are talking about a pack of hulks... well, get some more charms, then

Old 09-05-2001, 05:14 AM   #3
Alxcypher
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanx they are really annoying me! I seem to get slaughtered every time I tried something new. I think my party may be a bit weak, what do you think?
Me Fighter/Cleric
Amonmen?? However you spell it
Minsc
Jaheira
Jan
Aeirie
Old 09-05-2001, 05:17 AM   #4
hrizonstickup
Dungeon Master

you really dont have to if you don't want to
.spoiler
kill all the dogs outside and take them to the kitchen, make some dog stew
.more spoiler if you want it
take the dog stew and sneak past the umbars to the jail cells, go to the one they broke in at and place it with the dog bones and GET OUT, the umbars will all go to eat. close the doors and problem solved.
Old 09-05-2001, 05:19 AM   #5
Alxcypher
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thankyou again. I am also wondering about the Golems. I have all the items and the golems are still hostile will this prove to be a problem later.
Old 09-05-2001, 05:22 AM   #6
Gedd
The Magister

cloudkill works very nicely against umbarhulks.
my mage/theif (by himself) got locked in a room with 4 of them last night. Cloudkill on top of him took them all out in one round.
alhtough he did still get confused

------------------
none shall pass...
Old 09-05-2001, 07:02 AM   #7
waverider
Symbol of Cyric

SPOILER ......
-
-
-
-
now i now and my brother that has just is starting to play nows it what to do
Old 09-05-2001, 09:29 AM   #8
hagimihale
Manshoon

I killed them all with just Minsc and my main character (sorcerer). Minsc had lilacore (sword gave him protection from confusion I think). Cast protection from fire, haste and bless on Minsc. Had him drink a potion of giant strength and sent him in to bash umber butt. Sat my sorcerer just outside the room and cast a ton of fireball (at 9th level I had 6 or 7 available to me). Made sure Minsc had a batch of potions of extra healing as I went through about 3 or 4 of them, but he made it through!
Old 09-05-2001, 10:15 AM   #9
HooC
The Magister

Those golems.. Indeed.. There is a useful hammer in the statue in the left in that golem room. Identify it quickly and give it to Minsc and see them fall

I've also heard that using Sanctuary spell will make them do nothing. Just staring stupidly ahead..
Old 09-05-2001, 01:49 PM   #10
RimpelWillem
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have created my own strategy, useable both for the Golems and the Hulks, you just gather your party around the door... (2 on the left and 2 on the right) then put the 5th person in front of the door and use some kind of haste spell or oil of speed on him/her. Then let that person set a couple of steps in the room with the monsters and get them the hell back. After one of the monsters has followed the person through the door, close the door and take the monster out...
If you follow this procedure a couple of times you will be able to take them out one at a time. It takes a while, but the odds are much better than just storming in there...

I did the same with the golems that guarded the weapons, took that out one by one, and when I finally had the giant metal (?) Golem mad I ran through the door and he couldn't even follow me...

I didn't gained a lot of experience by this, but hey, 't wasn't al to diffucult!