Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-22-2001, 08:42 AM   #11
starloc
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Donkey Wan: Man you are a real sicko! Would you please stop with the threesome posts! I already have enough problems with one girl...
Old 08-22-2001, 08:46 AM   #12
Link
Jack Burton

You're just plain sick mate! Why would you want a threesome (with Minsc..???), when you could get Aerie all for yourself?? Aerie is the hottest babe in BG2. My character (Link), is the best man to get women, so Aerie can't be with Minsc that long...

BTW: Didn't I read in a gaming magazine that computer characters reflect your own personality. Must be true then!!!!

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 08-22-2001, 10:31 AM   #13
Haddar - Servant of Talos
The Magister

I certainly hope they do NOT reflect your personality. That would mean I'm an evil person, slaughtering everything and everybody, being so crazy for power there is not even enough room for the equally big ego, and love to see helpless people get tortured and burned.
Hmmm... maybe my Bhaal-essence just shows up in games
Old 08-22-2001, 10:35 AM   #14
Haddar - Servant of Talos
The Magister

Ehhh....actually, I thought it was more fun to play an evil character, a multiclassed cleric/mage (Haddar!!!), but I always thought it was because I'm so nice in the real world. =) I may be wrong, so watch out everybody, so I don't cast Hold Person on you and torture you just for fun!! Muahahahaha!!
Old 08-22-2001, 01:12 PM   #15
DEADMAN
Manshoon

WHAT ABOUT CERND ? DOES AERIE HAVE A ROMANCE WITH HIM, THEY WERE STARTING TO GET CHATTY BEFORE I LEFT HIM IN THE DRUID GROVE.
Old 08-22-2001, 01:21 PM   #16
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

"And the Caps-Lock baton passes yet to another worthy follower..."

Nah, the characters chat back and forth all the time. Aerie chirps to Anomen about "the sun rising," then later, Ano gives Aerie one in the neck in the Docks district when she's being "goody-goody" about not killing people; Jan spins an outrageous tale about just about every party member, etc.

The NPC chats can be the most hilarious part of the game...although I'll admit I'm partial to the sniping between Vincenzo and Willet in the Umar Hills Inn more than anything.

------------------
Old 08-22-2001, 02:21 PM   #17
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

reflects your personality, s'right, I regularly save the world before teatime, I guess I'm just that kinda guy. Why, just last week I was there with my buddies and this dragon popped up right, and I said 'lo, 'tis a great evil that presents itself nigh, mayhap I shall destroy it, leaving the freeworld safe to be run by softdrink companies and movie moguls'. My team agreed, we dispensed the dragon fortwith, then we scraped the dead scales off the corpse of the dragon and draped them over our bodies, recieving magical protection from advertising agencies, the most evil of institutions.... I tell yeah, the ladies were well impressed, I reckon I could be having my wicked way with any one of 'em, thankfully none of the other blokes seem in the least bit interested, 'cause one is making it with a badger or gerbil or something, while the other is experimenting with sex change op's... those two boys don't get on at all, I might have to tell one of 'em to sling his hook, maybee I'll get that tasty drow babe on board, or perhaps that bloke with the light fingers and the passion for turnips...
Old 08-22-2001, 02:25 PM   #18
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
Quote:
Originally posted by tusitha:
Hi,

I'm new to this forum so this is my first post......

As far as I know, there isn't romance between NPCs in the game, only between the player character and NPCs. This is a relatively harmless bit of conversation and the only result of it would be that Minsc will try to protect "his witch" with his own life.........

FYI, if Aerie dies he will go beserk.......

Don't worry about a romance between these two, she's all yours.

That is right.
The bond they share is only physical.
...that did not come out right...
What I mean is that they only have a few funny conversations between now and Throne of Bhaal.
(And he protects her with his life in battle)
There is nothing that gets in the way of Aerie's love for you, unless you screw her...
I mean, unless you screw up.

LOL LOL LOL LOL
Old 08-22-2001, 02:36 PM   #19
Starkiller
The Magister

These games couldn't possibly reflect reality...power hungry mage...relatively low reputation...err..well, this is sounding somewhat familiar except for the magic part...but no, its not me...Im much colder than my character! God I need help...

------------------
"Not everything ends the way you think it should"