Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Old 02-08-2007, 06:31 PM   #1
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

I can hack my way in the DPG.

But now that I have tried level 14 a few times there are worse problems. The congregation of Cyric worshippers on level 14 and the docks corner there -implosion, harm, time stop and IGMS - take their toll.

I can just about crawl through these with luck and if I don't get too careless.

Please tell me level 15 isn't going to get too much harder.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 07:55 PM   #2
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Na, it won't get too much harder, but when it does, you'll have the items/stores to take them on.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

And just because we go deeper, doesn't have to mean the monsters are gonna be harder and harder.. Some deeper levels like 16 may be as easy as level 10. So don't worry. It's not like a bar graph continuing to climb

BTW, when I open 15 in a few days, it will have the new changes and finished areas of level 14 as well--and I did slightly tweak the fights.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:33 AM   #3
nwnrogue
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I seem to be particularly vulnerable to Implosion, which even the lowliest cleric on level 1 of Undermountain can apparently cast, not to mention mobs not even tagged as priestly (Human Mercenaries in a tunnel on level 5 spring to mind).

Things are slightly better now that I found a cloak of Epic Spell Resistance on level 12, but even so...
Old 02-09-2007, 02:55 PM   #4
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

It is a relief to know things are not going to get "too much" harder.

If they were then we would have no choice but to team up to tackle the lower levels.

And thanks for the belt of immunity to implosion (took a while to find that). Nice choice there for both Str and Dex based characters - are you willing to sacrifice AB for that immunity?
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 05:12 PM   #5
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

My dexers don't get their ab from belts anyway. Potions of protection from spells are your best bet.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 06:57 PM   #6
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by nwnrogue:
I seem to be particularly vulnerable to Implosion, which even the lowliest cleric on level 1 of Undermountain can apparently cast, not to mention mobs not even tagged as priestly (Human Mercenaries in a tunnel on level 5 spring to mind).

Things are slightly better now that I found a cloak of Epic Spell Resistance on level 12, but even so...
It IS odd that those Mercenaries cast spells... Hey, don't look at me for making them--they are stock NWN made by Bioware. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I always thought they were WAY too powerful for being like level 6. Had to remove loads of them from level 5 (Under the hallway)...

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote