Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2004, 06:25 PM   #21
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:

As for this woman of his, I'd like to ask her how she feels about ruining my family. Then I'd like to slap her. A lot. [img]tongue.gif[/img] With any luck, I'll never have to meet her
LB, this isn't the attitude. Trust me, ive been there. I know how you are feeling, and the first night Craig (my mums new fiancee) stayed over, I threatened to kill him etc. Ask my brother, I have a very aggressive streak in me.

6 months on, I realise how happy he makes my mum, and im very happy for them both. He loves her, she loves him.

I realised my happiness isnt as important as hers, and that I can get over this. My family has now split up, I live with my mum, brother and craig at weekends, and on my own in the week, and its still a very nice place to be, even if it isnt MY family.
Old 08-15-2004, 07:19 PM   #22
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Dk, you are right, except for the past 10 years he pulls something like this. Nothing like this of course...my mom believes it has something to do with his birthday and my birthday and my bros all within a month of eachother. He just turned 50 on July 30th.

As for this woman of his, I'd like to ask her how she feels about ruining my family. Then I'd like to slap her. A lot. [img]tongue.gif[/img] With any luck, I'll never have to meet her
Oh, you'll meet her, I'd lay odds on that. I suspect that your father's turning 50, especially in a pilot, produced a midlife crisis of massive proportions. Laurie read this thread and asked me to post her sorrow for your pain, and your Mom's, but especially told me to say. "He'll be back! But, not soon, but when he's got this out of his system."
Old 08-15-2004, 07:24 PM   #23
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I understand your intentions, Brad, but telling not to be angry and not to blame is not what I need to hear right now, it's just making me more upset.

I don't hate him. We were a very close family and the fact that he just decided to leave his family of 25 years to spend time with some strumpet in Mexico really hurt me. This will be my attitude until I get over it.

edit: Bill, send my thanks to Laurie

[ 08-15-2004, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: Lady Blue03 ]
Old 08-15-2004, 07:47 PM   #24
Encard
Quintesson

Gah... Really sorry to hear that this sort thing's happening to you, LB. Sounds rather unpleasant, to make a bit of an understatement. Best of luck to you and your family, however stuff goes. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'll be on MSN if you want to talk or anything.
Old 08-15-2004, 08:06 PM   #25
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
I understand your intentions, Brad, but telling not to be angry and not to blame is not what I need to hear right now, it's just making me more upset.

I don't hate him. We were a very close family and the fact that he just decided to leave his family of 25 years to spend time with some strumpet in Mexico really hurt me. This will be my attitude until I get over it.

I'm sorry. I didnt meant to upset you, its just I've been there, and I had two months of being angry, upset, wanting to kill him, wanting to give up, but it does subside.

This bit your in now, is hard.

But my point was, everything will turn out fine one way or another.

Once again, I didnt mean to upset you. I know how your feeling.
Old 08-15-2004, 08:12 PM   #26
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I'm really sorry to hear that Lady Blue I feel very useless in that I don't know what to say. Just please know that I care and hope you and your mom can cope with it all OK. *HUGS*

[ 08-15-2004, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 08-15-2004, 08:57 PM   #27
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Looks weird, but then it isn't. Bottom line is love is not a feeling, but a commitment. It is the highest form of choice. I just hate it when people "fall" out of love. Sometimes, the fact that they aren't arguing could be a sign something's wrong... it is not always the other way around.

I know how it feels to be betrayed, or to have your role-model screw up, etc. Am sorry to hear that LB, he has did something that cannot be reversed. Ever. Try to keep your head up and it'll pass (no matter how short or long), friends are always good and you yourself, don't do anything rash. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I know you want to gut the girl but it's not the girl you know... like Lavi said, don't blame anybody, at least try not to. I live with the rage, the anger. As long as I do something productive and fun with it for myself because I am not particularly concerned with other people. [img]smile.gif[/img]

*hugs*
Old 08-15-2004, 08:59 PM   #28
SomeGuy
Unicorn

I'm really sorry to hear that LB. I really wish there was something I could do. I'll be praying for you and your mother, and that your dad will come to his senses on this. Hold in there.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 08-15-2004, 10:27 PM   #29
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Just said another prayer for you and your mother, Jen. I am sure you don't think it will do any good, but then, neither of us know, do we. Best of all, hugs and kisses, Bill and Laurie.
Old 08-15-2004, 11:22 PM   #30
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

My parents seperated 9 years ago...

Don't keep it in, talk to your father and tell him how you feel. Not to make him change his mind, just to free yourself and let him know how you feel.

I hope you and your father can still be friends.