Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-03-2001, 12:15 AM   #11
BLACK KNIGHT

Comments/replies/commentary on life in the USA:

Memnoch: Ziroc is the Man and my prayers are with him on the change-over, whenever it happens. I had a job in college helping convert from Windowns 3.11 to Windows 95 and all the email problems inbetween. No transition is easy/smooth. We have all had problems with Computers at one time or another. Now multiply that by 1,051 times and that is what Ziroc will be going through. My heart goes out to 'em.

weedius_maximus: The Thread title is Re:Re the What's in your name topic. What! You mean we went off topic! But that NEVER happens on this board!! :0

LadyZekke: I think that people are going to read the off-topic posts if they are the adventurous types that this group has attracted. If they are only there for the info, then good for them. Their loss. They get to miss out on talking to one of the most Beautiful people in Virginia.

Talieson: Hooked on posting? Never Happen. I can stop anytime (well, maybe one more post . . . I only check every 6 hours anyways . . . ummm does anyone know a good posting addiction hotline?

Memnoch II: Will do. I have the limited knowledge of only going through twice (Went through as a Paladin and an evil Barbarian) but I will do my best to help when the time comes.

Oh yeah, on life in the USA: In ohio today, it was 36 F (2 C i think) with a windchill of 16 F -8C. Nipples so stiff you can hang keys on 'em. (Sorry LadyWendy, but that is the only way to describe it.)

BK

Old 02-03-2001, 06:04 AM   #12
Moiraine
Anubis

I am not sure ... I know I am a shy person, and that I would hesitate to intrude in what seems a private chat between old friends ...
Old 02-03-2001, 07:14 AM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Moiraine, I understand what you're saying, but the only thing that is changing is the off topic posts are going to be located somewhere else, very easy to get to Even now newbies are already shy about breaking into posts where us regulars are talking, because they feel they are intruding on private conversations. I posted on the newbies meeting hall thread saying that this is the friendliest board on the net, there's no such thing as a private thread, so i'm sure it will be same situation in the new board. We just have to make the newbies feel welcome, because the minute they do, they are no longer newbies!

Be positive sweetie, it will be exactly the same as the board now, except we'll have two boards and people will interchange across each. for example i currently post at the BG1 board, the Neverwinter board, the AD&D books board, all part of the Ironworks forum. I know Rikard, Larry, Idiotrogue and Gabriel do too.And the way that the UBB board will be set up it will be REALLY easy to move back and forth between boards.

Please trust me! Besides Ziroc's already set it up. And at the end of the day, we can all post where we want so don't stress about it too much, ok?
Old 02-03-2001, 07:22 AM   #14
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

Yeah a offtopic forum will make it easier to come in the bg2 forum and ask question and also one can easier see what Question have already been asked
I for one will most certainly stay in a bg2 forum to make sure everyone will be turned to a mage (except idiotrogue)
Just think about it and you will see it really is the way to go
and a off-topic forum will also draw people playing W&W IWD and other to offtopic polls and it's like the more the marrier
And people like Zynther will stay happy coz their question will certainly be answered

Well Jay c signing out (ignore my signature)